Thursday, June 19, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday!

So Carson had his first birthday yesterday. We invited some friends and family over and had a little party. I made Carson a cake (my first ever). It ended looking pretty good, not perfect but I was pretty proud of myself. It looked like a snake. It was two bundts cut in half and pieced together, a fruit by the foot for a tongue, and peanut M&Ms for eyes. I was going to do the decorating (as seen in picture) over the entire body, but I decided I shouldn't undertake something like that on my first cake. So I made the snake a diamondback. I felt it appropriate being in Arizona. Carson got some cool new toys, books, movie, and clothes. He got lots of little trucks, a basketball hoop (so he doesn't have to use a baby swing), a Bee Movie, and lots of other fun stuff.



Karl and I waited to give him chocolate till his birthday so we thought he would just go crazy for it. At first he didn't even want it. He kept trying to throw it on the ground, but once Karl got some in his mouth he realized it wasn't too bad. He ate some and naturally got messy but what he really loved was the ice cream. He had a big handful and was sucking on it and then would smile.

He was a little bit cranky all night though. He's got teeth coming in and had a slight fever the whole day (off and on). The ice cream probably felt good on his gums. So he wasn't the happiest, but it was still fun.

He had a doctor's appointment this morning. He weighs 24 lbs 8 oz and is 32 1/2 inches tall. He's 75 percentile for weight and over 95 percentile for height. He's one tall boy. He got three shots and was not happy (obviously). The doctor said his gums are really swollen and it can take awhile for these next ones to come in. So that's fun.

Next time I post it will be about Hawaii!! Aloha!

1 comment:

Patsfield Family Photos said...

I can't believe his is one! He is soo cute. It look lihe he had a great time.