Carson's cousin had a birthday party a little over a month ago. One of the party favors was a gold fish. When they handed it to Carson he was
SOOOO excited. I was less excited...I think I mumbled "Is that real?" through gritted teeth and a fake smile. I was just thinking about how I now had to go buy a fish bowl and fish food...and whatever else a goldfish needs. So we got home and I put the fish in a glass kitchen bowl. We thought he would die so we didn't want to spend the money on fish supplies. But after a month, he was still alive. So last week we finally bought a tank. Carson named the fish Auto, after the gold fish in the book "A Fish Out of Water." Carson's reference to this book has made it easier for him to follow the feeding rules " Never more than a spot, or something may happen...you never know what." (In the book the little boy feeds his fish too much and then the fish can't stop growing and gets huge.) Carson loves his fish. He eats several of his meals by his fish. He feeds the fish all by himself and talks to him a few times a day. Luckily, Karl is willing to change the fishes water...I'm pretty much unwilling to handle anything that involves poop (besides human babies of course).
Carson is now going potty and getting dressed all by himself. While it is very convenient, he often ends up looking like this - shirt tucked in to the underwear.


We had a Woodard girl's craft day a while back. We all worked on these I Spy quilts. Carson loves his and makes sure we call it a "quilt", not a blanket. I think it's pretty fun.


We got our car AC fixed...the money we had to fork out seemed well worth it after driving around with out AC. I still can't believe how hot it is. The high for the next three days is 106...crazy. I'm ready to decorate for Halloween and it's 106 degrees out.
No comments:
Post a Comment