Alright moms of boys...when do your little boys stop wanting to cuddle and have kisses? Carson's independence grows stronger everyday and it hit me the other day that I may only have a few years left. I don't know as I never had brothers.
Carson has always been independent. He was the type to run into nursery at 18 months without even saying goodbye to me. He tackles new situations with very little trepidation. He must get this from his dad because I was terrified of unfamiliar settings as a child. After his first week of preschool he informed me that he didn't need me to walk him to the door anymore. So as the other moms walk their kids to the door, I stand by my car and watch to make sure he gets in ok and then give a wave to his teacher. After a few more weeks he told me he didn't need a goodbye kiss anymore (although I usually say "kiss" and he does it before he realizes that he wasn't going to).
I dropped him off at the primary program practice - 100% new situation for him, and he insisted that I didn't need to get out of the car. So I made sure he followed some other kids in and I figured he would be ok from there.
Don't get me wrong, I think his independence is extremely admirable. I wish I had a little more confidence in new situations even now. I am constantly impressed by this aspect of his personality.
There are still several moments a day when he wants to cuddle or lay across my lap as I scratch his back and we say silly things to each other. He usually surprises me with an "I love you" when I'm feeling down (or grouchy). He is very sweet.
So how many more years do I have of cuddles with my son? And then after that I guess you find a new way to connect and let your son know you love him.
No comments:
Post a Comment