Sunday, April 13, 2014

December

Half of my December was spent up in Spokane, WA.  Unfortunately it was cold but with no snow.  I am of the opinion that if you are going to have to suffer through cold, you might as well have the fun of snow.  Carson was so looking forward to snow too.

After the funeral, we spent a little more time in Spokane.  We went to Mobius (the kid's museum).  The kids had a lot of fun playing with all the fun activities.
 
 

We visited Manito Park - the pond was frozen over.

 
Once we were back in Phoenix, it was back to regular life.  Carson had a ton of school work to make up.  I had made a big Christmas to do list just a few days before we left for Spokane so that was basically pointless.  Our Christmas became much less of a to do.  The advent calendar didn't get filled till the 20th...so 5 days of countdown.

My mom and sisters came to Phoenix for Christmas.  It was a lot of fun to be together.  Carson and Chloe loved Christmas.  Camille got 2 presents - a new toy and a new book.  Not that she was able to notice.  Karl and I got in an argument first thing Christmas morning.  I wanted to wait to open presents till some of the family was awake, he didn't.  So that will be a fun Christmas family home movie we'll have forever.  I guess we should have discussed it beforehand.

 
Karl's family makes pastries in the shape of canes on Christmas morning, my family makes eggs benedict...so we made both.  It was yummy!  The eggs benedict tradition started in my father's family.  His little brother (my uncle) used to call it "eggs yuckadict."  On Christmas morning the boys (Carson and Cordell, both age 6) were calling it "eggs benefart."  Sigh.  But then we combined the two and started calling it "eggs yuckafart."  I don't know why this still makes me laugh.  But eggs yuckafart was delicious.

Chloe got a Minnie Mouse play dress and some pretend make up.  She was loving it.  I was hoping this make up gift would stop her from playing in my make up, but apparently the real thing is still way more fun.
 

Carson got a set of golf clubs for Christmas.  The boys all went golfing the day after.  Carson has fun trying it out.
 

A little after Christmas, Chloe started saying "I love you."  That is always a sweet moment, when your child starts saying I love you back.  She usually says "I wuv you, too."  Whether she says it first or second.

We met Karl's whole fam at our favorite sushi place on New Year's Eve.  They had free hats and noise makers so the kids were very happy, although they stuck to pot stickers and teriyaki chicken.



Here are some random pics of the baby.  Carson was very happy she fell asleep while he was holding her.


No comments: