At this point, I've made the blog private so no one is reading this but me. I'm just doing it more as a mini journal.
So I am 8 weeks pregnant! Karl and I were quite content with our 3 kids. No one is in diapers! It's magical to have everyone potty trained. We were thinking we were probably done. Correction, I was thinking...Karl was 100% sure. I just wanted to make sure so I asked Karl to pray and fast with me. I felt like I needed to know for sure or I'd always wonder.
I didn't really feel a strong answer. Karl felt like he should follow my inspiration. I went ahead and made an appointment to have an IUD put in. While these aren't permanent, it felt like I was making a final decision. Half way through the appointment i basically had an emotional break down, lol. I suddenly felt so sure this isn't what I should do. I started crying. The poor nurse was trying to comfort me. I apologized for wasting their time and told them I would not be getting an IUD.
The whole time I was texting Karl updates. He responded "well, I guess we're having another baby." Lol. And so...2 months later, I was pregnant.
I'm now 8 weeks and sick as a dog. My mind does an amazing job forgetting how awful it is. The love for your child must push out all the horrible pain and discomfort! Can't wait to be done with the 1st trimester...more like week 16 for me...but I'm thinking positive!
We're excited. It's funny, I'm not "baby hungry" but just felt so sure our family wasn't done. I am telling myself this is baby #last though!
No comments:
Post a Comment