Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas Everyone! I hope you had a great holiday season. Karl, Carson, and I just got back from Utah - spending Christmas with my family. We had a great time. I was getting over a cold/cough so that wasn't fun. But everything else was great. We were able to relax, hang out, see family, and catch up. Karl enjoyed playing Halo 2 and we all had a great time playing X Box Karaoke (even Mom and Dad got in on it). The drive up and back really wasn't bad - just long with the breaks we had to take for Carson. Here's a pic of one of our breaks. Carson was helping Karl drive (parked in St George).
Carson's first Christmas was fun. He obviously didn't get excited over the gifts but he liked playing with the ribbon on his wrapped presents. Half way through presents he got tired though and took a nap while we all finished up. Next year's Christmas will probably be a lot more eventful for Carson. We took a few pics but there were too many distractions to get a great one. We also celebrated Christmas with Karl's parents the Thursday before. Overall - Carson got a lot of cute books (which is great), clothes, a Fisher Price nativity set, music, BYU football jersey (picture to come soon), and toys. He is a very excited young man.
While we were in Utah, Karl and I took a morning to go roam around BYU. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. We just walked around and talked about old memories. It was also fun to see the new changes that have happened on campus. We took a lot of pictures and got one of the three of us by the Brigham Young statue. The only downer was that it was Christmas Eve so all the buildings were locked, but we still had fun. We also drove by all the places we lived. It was nice and chilly. But later that day it got real cold and dumped quite a bit of snow on us. It was fun to have a real white Christmas and the mountains were beautiful.
Carson is doing much better with the foods. It isn't completely frustrating now. Oh - he had his 6 month appointment. He weighs 20 lbs 6 oz and is 29 inches long. His old car seat is for up to 29 inches so we've switched to the new one Karl's parents bought him for Christmas. He is one big boy. He has also started scooting. He'll do one crawl motion (a leg or an arm) and then drops to his belly and does an army crawl. He sits up now too. I'll have to upload some video. My Dad also got us a web cam for Christmas - so we'll have to play with that and see what we can do.
Love Kasey
3 comments:
Karl and Kasey! Wow, it's been forEVER! Do you even remember me? Ballroom team...haha. Anyway, I was reading Fiona's blog and saw that you had written something and recognized your name! It's good to see your blog! My husband (ogg) and I have one too that I just started because we've moved across the united states! Anyway, I'm adding your blog to my list cause it's so fun to see what's going on in everyone's lives! Hope all is well! Your little boy is adorable!
-Shannon Parsons (maiden name Howard)
Kasey, oh my word!! I'm glad you found me! We are doing great in Denver, going to dental school and raising a little one-year-old walker! Your little boy is very cute! Do you love being a Mom! I'm sure you do. Well this will be great. I'm excited to get back in touch. Oh, and my husband's name is Derek by the way. I think it says Robert on the side. Anyways! Congrats on the babe and your adorable family!~Shelley
Kasey, oh my word!! I'm glad you found me! We are doing great in Denver, going to dental school and raising a little one-year-old walker! Your little boy is very cute! Do you love being a Mom! I'm sure you do. Well this will be great. I'm excited to get back in touch. Oh, and my husband's name is Derek by the way. I think it says Robert on the side. Anyways! Congrats on the babe and your adorable family!~Shelley
Post a Comment