Monday, February 4, 2008

Other Updates

I was so consumed with the family health right now I forgot to mention other Carson updates. While being sick, he had a new tooth come in. (I can't remember if I mentioned he got his first tooth over Christmas break). Anyway, he now has his two bottom teeth. He likes to pull on them with his fingers. It looks quite painful to me. It's hard to describe - it's like a snap but with a finger and tooth instead of two fingers. He also like to chew on everything to hear the sound his two little teeth make. He can pull himself up to standing now. This means everything goes up two more feet and the crib goes down a level. He can now reach real hard and get everything on top of the coffee table. The gnawing + pulling himself up = little teeth marks all over the inside of the top rung of his crib. Very classy! He's become really interested in books lately. He used to just like them because he could slap them and make noise. But now big picture books he'll just stare at and make excited noises. So we're taking advantage of that and trying to read to him a lot. Although he's not really into word books yet, just pictures. I think he gets bored. If he's tired, he'll sit through a short word book with me. With him being sick, his appetite went way down, but it's starting to come back. We've started him on some little cracker stick thingys thanks to Karl's mom (I think they call them biter biscuits). He absolutely loves them and will sit in this high chair for a good 20 minutes working on that thing - which is great for me when I want to clean the kitchen. He's been making the "da" sound for awhile but is recently obsessed. He'll say "da, da, da" for an hour while playing. We're trying to associate it with Karl but he thinks we're just funny. Oh, he's also developed this little sense of humor with in the last few weeks. When we play or do something silly he'll give us a little laugh. Or he does it randomly and who knows what he's laughing at. With in the last two weeks there's been a lot of development. It's like nothing for a month and then all the sudden he's doing a ton of new things. This second picture is just an example of how he climbs on absolutely everything.

1 comment:

The Moon's said...

HOlY COW, how cute! Sounds like a ton of fun! Hey thanks for the email that you sent me, it was totally sweet. The thing is I wasn't really letting people know about my struggle and therefore they couldn't help me. I am so glad to have you in my life Kase!!!