Sunday, February 3, 2008

A Little Better

Hey All - things here are going a little better. Carson isn't nearly as stuffy and Karl's feeling well enough to start helping out again. Unfortunately Karl missed a whole week of work so he's bummed about that. While Carson was sick I kind of spoiled him in that I rocked him to sleep each time because I didn't want him to cry and get more stuffed. So now we're reaping those rewards. And by rewards I mean punishments. He's also such a momma's boy now (hopefully it will go away soon). He's fine when I'm not in the room but when I come in and he realizes I'm not holding him, he immediately crawls to my feet and just cries and pulls on my pants till I pick him up. In the night, he wakes up and then won't go back to sleep unless I sit in his room till he is completely out. The minute I leave, he screams. So last night we let him cry it out. He screamed for 30 minutes without slowing down at all. After 2 hours of Karl trying, me trying, holding him, letting him scream, I just brought him into our bed because I was way too tired - it was 4 am and I don't function at my best then. So I think he's well enough to break this habit but it is not going to be fun.

I went to a "Meet the Firms" night at ASU. A lot of the large accounting firms come and recruit. I was a little nervous to go because the career fairs at BYU were just out of control - way too many people competing for attention, shoving resumes in the recruiters faces. But this was much better. First of all, it was just accounting firms so not as big. I was also there early so the crowd wasn't huge. So I just made my way around and it wasn't that bad. I also met some firms I really liked (and some I think really liked me). So now I have to submit a bunch of applications and they also took my resume so we'll see. I'm not quite sure what size of firm I'd like to get my experience at - but I think I'll apply everywhere and then see what my options are. A bigger firm is going to have more prestige, a smaller firm would probably have a more flexible schedule for me though. We'll just see.

Our ward is taken over by babies right now. We had 5 baby blessings today. Then sacrament took extra long because of all the people visiting. By testimony time there was only 10 minutes left. Crazy.

Oh - my blog is different because I tried to change it and then I lost everything. Anyway, I got it back but lost a few things. So then I just changed it to one of the templates they have available.

Kasey

No comments: