Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Oh What a Night(s)

Well - our house is cursed. Karl and I were both sick over Christmas. Then two weeks ago I got sick again. A few days after I got sick, Carson had a fever and was congested. A week and a half later, Carson's congestion got worse. That night, his fever came back. The congestion was so bad that he couldn't sleep. So every few hours he was waking up and I was holding him/sitting in the steam room (bathroom with shower running)/etc/etc. That same night Karl woke up with a fever and chills, etc, etc. So the next day the whole family went to the doctor. Luckily, Karl's is just a cold, not the flu, so he's just taking over the counter stuff and feeling completely miserable. Carson, they said had been sick too long and the return of the fever wasn't good. So they gave Carson an antibiotic (the chalky pink amoxicillin we all remember as kids). The last three nights have been awful with Carson not being able to breathe (last night being the worst). Getting Carson to sleep without a pacifier (since he needs his mouth to breathe) is quite the feat. So this tired, sick, pitiful family is cursed. Hopefully Karl and Carson start feeling better soon. And hopefully I can sleep soon - maybe I should be doing that right now instead of this. Taking care of two boys is work. Well - I'll post again when I'm alive.

Kasey

1 comment:

The Moon's said...

OH Kase that totally sucks. I feel for you, I only know what it's like taking care of a sick husband, not fun! I can't imagine a husband and a baby. Sounds like you need a long bath just for you to relax a bit. Wish I could come spoil you and let you do that. When are you coming up here next?