Monday, September 14, 2009

Sleep Procrastinator

Oh...I have issues. Sometimes I just don't want to go to bed. The house gets quiet at night and I can do whatever I want. (I get this trait 100% from my mother...thanks a lot mom). Then I get on a roll (doing something useless like looking at rental properties in Hawaii...very probable) and soon it is way too late. So tonight, I find myself...yet again, procrastinating sleep.

I haven't taken any pictures in the last two weeks - sorry. But the new things Carson does each day are just more and more adorable to me. Here are just a few things that make me laugh.

A few translations:
1. "Pillows" = Marshmallows
2. "Goggles" = Sunglasses
3. Random syllables yelled at the top of his lungs = He wants you to stop singing (this one is usually followed by a "Shhh" with his hands pressed to your mouth).

Yesterday he patted my chest and asked "Bra on?"

Every morning he greets me with the sweetest "Hi Mommy" ever.

His favorite game is hiding. Lately he has incorporated a new stealth technique. He hides under a blanket and then yells "No Carsons here."

His prayers are the most precious thing I've ever heard - even if he does just shout amen the minute he gets bored with what Karl and I are telling him to say.

He keeps Family Home Evenings interesting. He usually performs #3 above while Karl and I sing the opening song. Then he usually runs from the room saying "No Jesus, no, no Jesus". I think we have a long road ahead of us.

Karl also had his 31st birthday last week. We went out to dinner and then grabbed some FroYo. Very exciting. I can remember as a kid when birthdays seemed so far away and then the minute they were over I would feel disappointment because that meant I had to wait a whole 365 days till the next time everyone would focus on me and shower me with gifts. It's funny how it isn't as big of a deal as you get older. Don't get me wrong...attention and gifts are always welcome. But I don't look forward to my birthday with excited anticipation anymore and I usually feel just the same as the day leaves. Hmmm.

Well - to all a good night. I think I've procrastinated long enough. Time to sleep....Perhaps I'll read a chapter in my book.

2 comments:

Julia said...

Hey Kasey!! I just decided to check people blogs today and you had a brand new post! Woohoo! Anyway, looks like you guys had a fun summer! I can't believe you visited Durango and didn't visit me. I'm only like 5 hours south of there! :-) For what it is worth I remember Doug...but not any of the theme songs! I think I mostly relate to quailman...but that is just me. :-) Glad Carson is doing well! The FHE story and "Bra on" story were hilarious! From the mouth of babes. I'm also jealous that you get to go to Spokane so much! We are going there for Christmas...any chance you guys will be around? Anyway, just thinking about you. Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Kasey,

Maybe it would help if you read D&C 88:124

Love Dad