Karl and I went to Michaels the other day to get some Halloween decorations. While we were there, we came across the life size, red eyed, talking, moving skeletons. Carson was terrified. He kept saying "No scaries" and whimpering. Poor thing. As we quickly tried to find halloween decorations while avoiding the "scaries," I kept telling him it was okay. I was pretty sure we had traumatized him for life. As we left the store, Carson turned around and yelled "Bye Scaries!" He was very happy to be leaving the store. He said bye to the scaries again as we drove off in the car.
Karl and I were playing Harry Potter Scene It the next night, and a few of the videos would seem scary to a child. Carson was sitting on my lap and said "Oh, scary" to one of the videos. When I asked him if it was scary he replied "no, not scary...it's okay."
So when we finally did get some Halloween decorations up, I was worried that Carson would just think they were all too scary. Luckily, he absolutely loved them. We put a whole bunch of gel clings up and Carson just sat on the ground staring at them for a few minutes. He ran around yelling Halloween and was very excited.
Carson has also been up to a little mischief lately. This was our first encounter with coloring on the walls. Carson and his purple crayon (just like Harold). After he did it he came and found me and was so excited to show me what he did. It was really hard to tell him it wasn't okay to color on the walls because his little face was so proud of his artwork. A few days later I came around the corner and he had grabbed a rag and was trying to rub it off. So sweet.
We always let him take a book to bed and Karl, for some unknown reason, thought a pop-up book would be okay. Carson is usually pretty good about not tearing books, but leave him alone with a pop-up when he is trying to procrastinate sleep...well - this is what happened. Every single page.
On a personal note, I hit my one year mark at work yesterday. It has gone by really fast. I'm getting all my docs together to apply for my CPA license now!!! Yeah!!
I am very excited it is cooling down a bit...let's hear it for the low 90's coming our way this week!
2 comments:
Hey friend!!! Same with us, we are moving into the low 90's too and I swear I can already tell a little difference but oh how I miss the fall in Utah!
Hey kase, Have I told you lately how much I love you? I love your blog and I love hearing how things are going for you guys. I can't wait to see you all next weekend! Sing Carson a song for me at the top of your lungs (and tell him it's from Aunt Kristin).
Post a Comment