In real life, I ran my first 5k Thanksgiving morning. And the only reason I know about Prefontaine is because I grew up in the Pacific Northwest (give it up for the PNW) and I knew a few people on the cross country team. But I decided I needed to start signing up for races to motivate myself to workout. So I signed up for a Turkey Trot and then forced a bunch of Karl's family to do it with me. I am really proud to say that I didn't miss a single work out in the two months leading up to the race. Also, I finished the race slightly faster than my goal and never walked - which really made me proud. I've decided to do another 5K in January and then who knows what I'll do next. Signing up for the race really helped my motivation. I've never run this much in my life. I've also never been able to run three miles straight in my life. Anyway, yeah for exercise. It was a great way to prep for the million calories I consumed over the rest of the weekend.
Here is an action shot of me before the race...ignore Karl's creepy face and just focus on the determination on my face. Also, a pic of everyone that did the race (the prego one and her husband did the 1 mile walk...I just didn't want comments on how I shouldn't have forced a pregnant woman to run a 5k).
Speaking of Thanksgiving, we had a great time at Karl's parent's house. The whole fam damily was there, which is always fun and crazy. There was great food and good times for all. My sisters-in-law and I headed up to Anthem at 10 pm Thanksgiving night to do some shopping. I never really do Black Friday shopping so I was surprised at the crazy crowds (and crazy drivers). We got some great deals though. If you can get someone to wait in line while the rest of you shop...I'd say it is worth it. Below is a pic of the family.
That's pretty much all we've been up to. Carson loves everything to do with Christmas so far - snowmen, santa, wrapping paper, bows, ribbon, Christmas trees, ornaments, lights, etc, etc. He also has a Fischer Price nativity set my parents bought him 2 years ago that he plays with all day.
1 comment:
Love love love it! You are an inspiration for all of us nwp's - non-work out peeps! Thanks for always posting fun things. I love hearing what you have to say! And I really wanted to get in on the whole acronym thing, so I made up my own. Enjoy!
Post a Comment