Sunday, January 24, 2010

What the What?

How is it February? Well - let me tell you about Christmas...I know you have all been awaiting this blog post with as much anticipation as Christmas itself.
My family came into town for Christmas - YEAH! We got to take them to fun Arizona things. We went and saw the temple lights one night and then hit up Organ Stop Pizza. When the stage starts rising, and the organ player is playing "Under the Sea", and bubbles start falling from the ceiling (and I'm eating pizza)...It's Magical.

We were all trying to finish up our Christmas shopping and relax too. So there was a lot of hanging out and catching up...and laughing as always. It is always fun to have all four sisters together. I also always love Christmas time because that means I can pull out my Jim Hensen and the Muppets CD. We all grew up with this being the go to Christmas CD. Nothing beats the Muppets singing Little St. Nick, 12 Days of Christmas, or We Wish You a Merry Christmas.

Carson loved every second of the holiday. His Christmas vocabulary grew exponentially. He loved the song Jingle Bells to death (literally...that song must die). He loved the Christmas lights and any spotting of Santa on some one's lawn (you know, the big blow up thingys). For Christmas, we just got him some books and toys. I think his favorite was the Star Wars figurines his dad got him. He loves playing with his "Chewbacca" and "Storm Trooper". Karl was very excited that Carson took to Star Wars so well.

Here is my little fella in his handsome Christmas outfit (pulling a Cheese face). Below is him enjoying one of his new Christmas presents.


My little sister tried to teach Carson the Kit Kat bar song over Christmas break. He would sing "Give me a blake, give me a blake, blake me off...(mumbles)...kif kaf kar." That song never failed to make me smile.

Karl's family has a tradition of making "Christmas Canes" on Christmas morning. Since Christmas was with my family this year, I thought I would make some Christmas Canes for Karl. We did it on Christmas Eve morning though as my family also has a Christmas breakfast tradition (Eggs Benedict...YUMM!). Anyway, I followed the recipe and as I was folding the dough in thirds and starting to cut, I was just thinking "these look huge...but that's what the recipe says." Well, they were huge. I wasn't imagining it. Karl's mom's canes are usually 6 inches or so. Mine were like a foot and a half. It was really funny as I placed them on the pan. So instead of having 3 or 4 like we usually do, we all just got one. They still tasted delicious.

But Christmas came and went as fast as it always does. Carson sang Jingle Bells for awhile after...he has since retired it though.

For New Year's Day, we went sledding in Flagstaff. Carson mainly just liked throwing snow "balls" (I use that term very loosely...much like the nature of his snow balls). He lasted about an hour and a half though - pretty impressive.


Well - that is the extent of our Christmas break. Hope yours was great too!

1 comment:

Vick said...

Uhhh, minor correction . . . JD & The Muppets was the go to Christmas ALBUM, my dear! We had it on vinyl only until you were like 7. Love the post and the pics though, as always. And I might need that Christmas Cane recipe!