Saturday, February 6, 2010

Carson Update

This is just a post of things Carson is up to. I know my parents will suck it up like candy.

For the last month or so, Carson has become our alarm clock. He wakes up at 6:30 (as always), creeps down the hall, and then throws our door open and roars like a lion at the top of his lungs. Ignoring the abrupt awakening I get, I think it is hilarious. Then he usually cuddles with us for a few minutes (my favorite part) and then starts informing us it is time to get up.

There was one night a little bit ago where Carson really didn't want to go to bed (no surprise). But he was having a hard time and was just sobbing. I was washing his hands and his face as he stood on his stool in the bathroom. He was just watching himself cry in the mirror. Then he took the drama to a whole new level and exclaimed "I'm sooo sad. I'm sooo sad." The declaration and the sobbing combined broke my heart (but mostly made me laugh because it was just too cute).

Carson has also taken up the habit of pretending he is a robot. It involves talking in a monotone voice and moving his arms very robotically. He usually just says "I am the robot" over and over. And over...and over. And over.

Carson has also made up his own word. “Shoopie.” He uses it all the time. At first Karl and I tried to figure out what he was trying to say, but it soon became clear that the word had no specific meaning. He says things like “I’m going to go get my Shoopie.” I then say “Yeah, let’s go get it.’’ He’ll usually look around for a minute and then say “I can’t find it, it’s not here.” He sometimes tells us that we are shoopies. Sometimes he says he wants to sing shoopie. Karl and I have even picked up on it. Shoopie is now a regular word in our house.

The taunting "Na na na boo boo" is now a part of his language. I'm not sure where he picked this one up. But this morning he said "Nanny boo boo, you can't get me."

I thought I would also include an older story in this post. We went bowling over Thanksgiving. Carson loved it. We used this little ramp device so that he could push his ball down the ramp ("all by himself") and it would go down the lane. Carson would then imitate the adults and say things like "Go...go." The cutest though was when I was putting him to bed that night. He recounted to me his bowling experience three times in a row. "It's my turn...then I push the ball...go go...yeah." It was precious to me. Here's a pic.

No comments: