Sunday, May 22, 2011

That's It!

We had a scorpion in our house last night. We moved here in 2005 and this is the first I've had to deal with INSIDE my house. It could have gone a lot worse, but here is one more reason I don't love Arizona. When will it end! Grrrrrr. If I see another one in the house, I'm outta here. (Obviously not for real...we have jobs and responsibilities to consider...but you know what I mean).

My Mother's Day was very nice (much better than last year when Karl got appendicitis). Karl let me sleep in (as much as possible since we still have church at 9 am.) Carson woke me up with a sweet bouquet of roses (I was actually awoken by him shoving them in my face, but still sweet). Then I spent the day doing whatever I wanted. Karl made a nice dinner and dessert. I had no responsibilities. It was very nice. In Primary, Carson wrote a letter about me. In it he says I'm 18 and also 18 feet tall (it's his favorite number). He says my favorite thing to do is play with him, that I love to cook him pasta, and that my favorite word is "love." He actually "read" the letter to me and it was so much better coming from his mouth. He got pretty close to the real thing as he was reciting it from memory. I love my sweet little boy so much I can't stand it sometimes. I just want to gobble him up...or have a perfect memory. It kills me to know that I'll forget half the cute things he does.

1 comment:

JLJ said...

I too have made several ultimatums that I've inevitably reneged on. "I will never send my kids to school here..." "I won't live here another summer!" But cockroaches and scorpions, that's serious stuff! I hope you don't see another one; Phoenix won't be the same without you guys here :)