So in the professional world, I am expected to have a head shot. I recently joined the alumni board of the ASU accounting fraternity and they requested my professional head shot. Luckily, my company will reimburse for this expense so I set an appointment. The photographer told me to wear my suit and perhaps a strand of pearls. I spent the night before searching linked in profiles for a head shot pose I liked. Here are my conclusions - professional head shots are outdated and CHEESY!!! Almost every single one of them make me laugh. They look all serious and stoic or the have their arms folded with a cheesy smile. I just feel like there has to be a way to bring these up to date. Shouldn't it reflect me? I don't own pearls and I can guarantee I wouldn't wear them at this point in my life. (Not that they don't look good on other people, they just aren't me right now...maybe in 10 years). Anyway, the appointment got canceled because the photographer was double booked and so I had to take my own at home. For every few "professional" ones, I just had to break out. I ended up submitting a pretty classic pose...wearing my suit (but no pearls). But the pics below are the real ones I wanted to submit.
2 comments:
Hmmm...I think it's a tie between "hands on the hips" and "jazz hands." I just can't decide...
I totally agree with you on the outdatedness of head shots. I have a few friends left in the professional world and whenever I get an email from one of them from their work account I have to giggle at their photo because it is so not them! Photography has come a long way... it's about time head shots caught up!
Post a Comment