Monday, August 13, 2012

Vacation to Heaven...I mean Priest Lake

This post will be a lot of pictures.  We decided to drive to northern Idaho (almost Canada) since plane tickets to Spokane were a little too pricey.  The two day drive was a little bit of a nightmare though.  After 3 hours of me being turned around the whole time, I just moved to the back and sat between the kids.  It was a two day game of how to entertain a one year old strapped in a chair.  Carson did great though.

Bike ride to the river/bridge.  Chloe passed out on the way back.


 Carson's first time on a tube.  He seemed a little nervous the whole time.  He kept saying we could go faster but once it got fast he quickly changed his mind.  Afterwards he said it was a lot of fun though.

Kasey on skis

Karl on skis (he is way cooler on skis than I am)

Chloe's first boat ride.

 My pretty beach baby





Carson loved being in the lake.  He was outside pretty much all day.  Deep water still freaks him out a little, but he was swimming his heart out all over the shallow area (luckily he could touch even past the dock).  Carson was so brave this vacation.  He came out to the drop off with me...way out there...that dark blue line in the pictures.  He went tubing (with a little coaxing).  I was so proud of him.

Carson posing


Me and the kiddos in the hammock (don't mind the crazy lake hair).

 Cousins - these boys are too funny.

The drive home was way worse than the drive there.  We weren't headed to paradise...we were headed to 115 degrees.  Toward the end of the drive Carson kept saying "I'm going super nuts."  Made me laugh.

He also helped keep Chloe entertained...

No comments: