Well I have heard that most little boys develop a little bit of a crush on their mom. I got to experience this first hand this week. I was getting Carson ready for bed and we were just having fun talking. He said "I wish I could just marry you, Mom." I told him that I loved him and that someday he would meet a girl he wanted to marry and that he would love her even more than he loves me. He said "but I'll still miss you." He then went on to tell me his life plan. It went like this 1) get a job, 2) go to college, 3) serve a mission, and then 4) get married. I think those might be a little out of order. He then asked if he should take a Book of Mormon on his mission and I said I thought that would be a good idea. He became a little worried about that since he doesn't know how to read it yet. He then gave me a kiss goodnight and triumphantly declared "Now we're married."
The primary program was this Sunday. Beside the normal parts, Carson also sang "I'm Trying to be Like Jesus" as a trio with two other little 5 year old boys. Carson and I have sung this song A LOT over the last month. We listened to it in the car on repeat, we sang it while making dinner, etc. etc. I'm surprised he never got sick of it. It paid off. He got up there without any hesitation and boldly sang that song. It was so sweet. He asked me afterwards if it was "pretty" and if it "made me cry." To which I could reply yes and yes.
Carson had his first soccer game this Saturday. He is actually quite aggressive on the field. At the team practices his aggression made me a little uncomfortable. It is hard for me to separate the rules of life and the rules of playing sports. In life you are supposed to share and be nice, not so on the field. I never was very good at sports. Not only because I have horrible eye hand coordination, but because I was never aggressive. I would literally let the other team have the ball - just to be nice. Anyway, his aggression seemed much more appropriate during the game when the other team was crazy good and absolutely crushing them. They don't keep score though and Carson had no clue they lost. After the game he told me it was the most fun he had ever had. Highlights of the game - I caught him doing an excitement booty dance while playing defense and waiting for the ball to come his way, stopped several goals when he was goalie, scored the only point his team made that day, and looked super cute while doing it.
Chloe is finally starting to say some words. Her vocab now consists of:
Water - Wa Wa
Cracker - Ca Ca
Momma - Ma Ma
Ball - Ba
No - Na (with a really long nnnn sound before she ever gets to the a.)
...do you see a pattern? At least we have some communication going. She also knows and uses the signs for water, food, bath, milk, and dog. She likes to give high fives and has also added knuckle bumps into her repertoire.
Chloe has had 7 front teeth (4 on top, 3 on bottom) and nothing else for the longest time. It was like they all came in 6 months ago and then nothing since. The other night I was brushing her teeth and saw that she has three molars in the back. Maybe that is normal teeth development - I can't remember. But the poor thing, those have to be painful. And I didn't even know.
This 10/15 tax deadline has been my worst busy season to date. I worked more this last week than any other week in my life. I was working into the wee hours of the morning way too many nights. I think I could sleep for a week. I had a tired/emotional melt down Saturday night as I realized I wasn't going to finish and would have to work all Sunday too. I feel like everything else in my life has suffered because of it - my family, my house, my calling - you name it...I probably neglected it. I am glad it is over and I can go back to having somewhat of a normal life. I am taking PTO all next week and going absolutely no where. Ahhh...should be perfect.
And not to leave out Karl - I couldn't ask for a better husband. Even thought he is overwhelmed with what is going on in his life, he picked up the slack all week. He took everything over and never once complained. I know he is behind in his classes now but he didn't say a word about it because he knew it would add to my feelings of guilt. So now I've promised to do everything around here so he can get caught up. One of these days we'll actually be able to spend time together.
2 comments:
SO glad to get all caught up. :) I know all about the meltdown...around week 6 of almost every 8-week class I have taken in the past 2 years I have cried and cried from the stress of it all. And then I felt better.
You are a strong woman... Able to do much more than id ever be able to handle! Stick with it incredible friend!
Post a Comment