Sunday, December 1, 2013

July

In July, we headed up to Utah to see the family and go to Owen's baby blessing.  My sister Jackie just had her third (Owen).  Karl's little sister was blessing her first baby the same weekend, so we divided and conquered.  So I did the drive, just me and the kids.  I was a little nervous about it but it turned out great. 

I think I overprepared, but that meant the kids had lots of options for entertainment.  I mapped out the entire drive, including where we would stop, what restaurant we would go to, at what point in the drive we would watch a movie, etc.  It really helped me to have a schedule.  We also left really early in the morning (4 am).  I was hoping the kids would sleep the first few hours of the trip, but I was kidding myself.  I quietly got them up and put them in the car at 4 am and started on the drive.  They were both wide awake from that moment on.  My kids don't sleep normal in a car.  We've even tried night driving once and they were both up till 2 am.  They still took a nap along the drive, but nothing extensive.

Anyway, we made it!  And that's the important thing.  It was so great to see my family.  We were there for 4th of July and enjoyed the fireworks.  The blessing was great.

Carson and his cousin are only a month apart.  They had fun playing.



 Uncle Tyson helped Carson light fireworks.


Chloe took a very quick liking to Uncle Tyson.  She sat on the couch and snuggled with my sister Jessie and her husband Tyson for a long time.  This is very unusual behavior for my active 2 year old.


In July, Carson did basketball.  I thought it would be a good summer sport since it is played indoors, but practices were still outside.  I love Arizona so much.  He had fun, but even with the hoop at 8' he couldn't shoot the ball high enough to make a basket.  He also got intimidated and would just pass the minute he got the ball. 

 Here he is at practice, running lines and loving it.




 
 
Chloe was quite the handful at practice and at games.  She made a little friend though and they were cute.  One game I was trying to take a few pictures of Carson and in the brief second I looked away, she ran out onto the court.  I ran out to grab her while saying sorry to all the boys trying to play.  That was a little embarrassing.
 


No comments: