Friday, November 2, 2007

Halloween!

Halloween has come and gone...crazy that it's November. We went to our ward's Halloween party (seeing that we helped plan it). Carson had a little chicken outfit but the party was outside and it was just too warm for him to wear. I know, too warm? It is still in the 90's here. So I realized we all had camo from paintball. So we were just a little camo family. It was cute. I was going to get pictures but I was running around crazy making sure the chili was full and there were napkins, etc. So sorry...no pics. And there's no way I could Karl to dress up again just to take a picture and pretend it's Halloween. But the party was on Saturday. On Wednesday, real Halloween, Karl and I both had class. Carson goes to Karl's mom's house on Wednesdays. So Karl's mom, Kari (Karl's sister), her husband Garrett, and their daughter Kenzie all went trick-or-treating. I brought Carson's little chicken outfit, but since 2 weeks prior when I tried it on him he outgrew it. So Grandma was resourceful and cut a whole in a piece of white fabric. They wrote "Boo" on the front and Carson was a little ghost. I wasn't there to take pictures, but Kari took some cute ones I'll have to get and then add them.

We had Carson's 4 month appointment a little over a week ago. He weighs 19 lbs 3 oz and is 27 1/2 inches long. He's off the charts on both measures. The doctor said
he was chunky but it's proportionate to his height so he's great. Everything else looks perfect - his development is right on. And the doctor seemed impressed with Carson's muscle development. He's ripped. Just kidding - but he's able to sit up with a little less help than a regular 4 month old...I guess. I'm not sure what other 4 month old babies do, but the doctor was impressed. He got his shots. This picture shows the band-aids. He looked at me confused on the 1st one, the next 2 made him whimper, and the 4th really made him cry. But he calmed right down and was happy 5 minutes later. He didn't get a fever which was nice for us all. With him being such a large baby, we are going to have to get a new car seat in the next month or so. The one we have is only good to 22 lbs and 29 inches.

Carson started cereal yesterday. He was starting to wake up after only 6 or 7 hours of sleep. One night he woke up at 3 am to eat and then of course
thought it was play time. So we started last night. We made it pretty soupy so he can slowly get used to the consistency. Although I'm not going to do it as slowly as the little handout I have. Feeding a baby soup with a spoon is impossible. Most of it ended up on his bib. He did really good. He would open his mouth when he saw the spoon coming and then suck the food off. He's still hasn't quite figured out that he needs to close his mouth as he swallows. But tonight we'll do it thicker (more like food than soup). He also slept 9 hours last night which was wonderful for me.

Not much going on with Karl and I...Carson is pretty much what we do. I'll add the Halloween pics later (and to Smugmug).

Thanks for reading,
Kasey

No comments: