Saturday, November 10, 2007

Update

We are getting excited for Thanksgiving. It seems to have come so fast this year. Honestly, I feel like it was yesterday that I was pregnant and feeling sick at Thanksgiving last year. So crazy that this year I've got my little 5 month old fella'. We are going to California for Thanksgiving to be with my dad's side of the family. My Grandma just got her first two great grandchildren with Cordell and Carson so it should be fun. Plus everyone on my dad's side will be there. While we are there, my sisters and I are attending the So You Think You Can Dance showcase. Karl and I went last year and loved, loved it. We probably enjoy that show a little too much but we all love dancing and some of the dances/choreography I would call art. So there will be more to come on that once we go.

Karl and I went on our first real date since the baby was born last night. We went to dinner with his parents and then they watched Carson and we went to a movie. They've watched him for us before but we took the time to run errands. I know, not romantic and definitely boring...but we had stuff we had to do. So anyway, we saw Dan in Real Life and loved it. It's one I'd like to buy. But it was nice to get out just the two of us. Even as we were just walking through the theater we realized we haven't been able to walk fast in such a long time we had to laugh. We never thought we'd miss speed walking to get somewhere.


Carson has become a lot more mobile. He scootches and rolls all over till he gets to the toy he's eyeing or to the one thing I don't want him to play with. There's no more setting him on a blanket. He's off it in ten seconds. He loves the new saucer we bought him. His favorite toy is the yellow one sticking up because it's long enough for him to put in his mouth. He'll suck on it and then let it go and it bounces onto the top of his head. One day I came to get him out and his hair was soaked. It took me a while to figure out that the drool on the toy had transfered to his hair and made it all wet. We've taken a break from cereal for a bit. He was doing okay for a few days, but then it took a turn for the worse. He just spits it out and gags and pulls funny faces now. We tried different temps and consistencies but he wanted nothing to do with it. So I gave him five days off and I'll try again tomorrow. We'll get it eventually.

Hope you all had a great Halloween and are looking forward to Thanksgiving too.

Kasey

No comments: