Friday, April 18, 2008

Attack of the Lizards!


I had a close encounter the other day. Some of you may laugh (as Karl did) but I'm all creeped out now. We frequently have (what I consider) large lizards in our back yard. The other day it was national geographic though and being spring...I hope you know what I mean. Then two males were fighting - which was actually kind of interesting because they were flying all over the backyard. A while later I needed to run an errand. So I open up the garage and start to get Carson in the car and they all come running in. I screamed and tried to stomp around but I could just hear them scurrying around in the corners. It still gives me the willys. So I left. When I came back I couldn't hear them, but obviously they couldn't have left. So I took Carson inside and went back to get the stuff out of the trunk and I see out of the corner of my eye one sitting in this crevice on the garage door. So I turned around and went back inside (I actually did Pam as she leaves Michael's office when there is something in there that stinks really bad). But I got smart and left the garage door open an inch. I assume they are gone now because I haven't heard scurryings. But that entire weekend I would pound the door in its place a few times before I opened it - to scare them away from the door of course. The worst part is that I locked the garage door when it was open an inch (I don't know why). Later I left through the garage and forgot to unlock it so then I was locked out of the house. I blame the lizards!


Well - there isn't a whole lot new. But I thought I'd blog anyway. Carson has his top 4 teeth coming in all at once. So now he has 3 on the bottom and 4 on top. He has started taking a couple steps. You can see he really wants to walk everywhere now but crawling is still faster. So he'll take a couple steps and then get down and crawl. I don't know if he had allergies this week or got sick...or if it was the teeth. He had a bad runny nose, watery eyes, and was sneezing like crazy. He seems better today though. He never acted lethargic like he's done previously when he got sick. He was the same happy boy. He still just explores and destroys everything (which I'm sure is what most 10 month olds do). He'll go in the kitchen and empty a cupboard and then move to the next cupboard until my entire kitchen is on the floor. We really need to get those latches put on. Here's a few pics. The first is what I call Carson's yoga pose. He does it all the time. The picture is a little blurry because he doesn't hold it forever so it's hard to get a picture. The second is his new (well, new to us) music/learning table that he loves. He looks so big.


Karl had a game lunch at work today. He sets them up every once in a while as a team bonding experience. Everyone brings in their X Boxes and they hook them up to the projector in the meeting room. Then they order pizza and play X Box for an hour or so. His boss is even into it. So they had that today and Karl always loves it.

No comments: