Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Office Returns!

I'm so excited for this week...all will be right in the world once more as The Office will air again on Thursday (8 pm for us). It's a dinner party at Michael and Jan's and looks perfectly Office-y. I am so glad. Other than this show consuming my thoughts...we've done a few fun things.

Easter weekend we went camping with Karl's family and a family from our ward. We headed out NE to sunflower-ish area. We camped right next to a creek. It was fun and Garrett brought up 2 four wheelers so we got to ride around the area. We took a little hike and had a pretty view. Carson's first Easter was pretty uneventful (as expected). His favorite item was just an empty Easter egg. He's still carrying it around with him and sucking on it. Below are two pics from camping. This is one of Carson's favorite sleeping positions and he loved riding on the 4 wheeler with Karl (although he doesn't look all that happy in the pic).


Karl's work had another round of layoffs (this is like the 5th). Karl's still pretty secure but you never know for sure. There was Karl and another guy doing the projects. The other guy just got laid off. So now it's just Karl. He went from bored and lots of time to do homework to busy busy and can't even take his lunches. Obviously each has its pros and cons but I know he's able to enjoy going to work a lot more when he knows there are projects to work on. So we feel bad for the other guy, we knew him and he was nice, but it's also nice that Karl actually has work to do.

Conference weekend was good. We hung out and Karl's parents, like norm. I thought the sessions were really good and it was new to see President Monson so much. I always enjoy his talks. Karl and I found the sessions very uplifting and applicable to our lives. It also helped us get a little spiritual motivation. Scripture study is always hard for us since he gets up a lot earlier than I and one of us is usually up late doing homework. We have always just done nights but we trying mornings now to see if it works better. So we got up at 5:30 AM (ouch) and read a chapter. Hopefully it goes well (since I blogged it I have a little more accountability too).

Carson is getting braver and braver. He can get himself to standing without pulling up on anything now, but once he's there he looks like he doesn't know what to do next. I saw him take a step to Grandma the other day without holding on to the chair but that's all. Kari and Garrett let us borrow this little walker that he's been pushing all around the house. This video was from when he very first started using it. He's pretty fast now.



Carson and I went over to Vickie's yesterday and we tried out the pool. I thought for sure he wouldn't like it since it was only 70 degrees. I just put his feet in to see what he thought and he got all excited and started jumping up and down. So then his whole outfit was soaked. So I put him in a swimmer diaper and we played on the top step. He loved it!!! He just splashed around and even bent down and took a couple sips. He would splash on his left for 5 seconds and then switch to the right for 5 seconds. He just went back and forth till Vickie and I were laughing pretty hard. A few times he would go to crawl and the water would be on his stomach and he'd do the cold water gaspy breathing we all do. But he never cried. We put him on the floaty raft and pushed him around and he liked that too. I signed him up for little baby swim lessons this June (I think it is more just to help babies get used to the water) and now I can see he will love it and it will be so much fun. And the water will be a little warmer. Vickie posted some pics of us in the pool on her smugmug (http://vick.smugmug.com/).

I'm still in the job search. I've had a ton of interviews and a few more to come so something has to turn up. All activity has gone pretty dead though because April 15th is around the corner. Most of the companies won't even decide till the end of April so we'll see. But we only have 3 more weeks of classes and then finals. I was going to sign up for a CPA review and pay my test fees and get it started but all the companies I'm interviewing at will reimburse you if you have an offer...so I decided to wait another month and see if I can get someone else to pay for it.

That's all for now - Kasey

No comments: