Well I haven't blogged for awhile because I didn't want to put you to sleep with our boring life, although if you have trouble sleeping perhaps you should read my blog regularly. Carson is still doing all the same stuff - pulling him self up, screaming da da, drooling like crazy, climbing the stairs. I tried to get a video of him climbing the stairs. Both weren't great but they are below if you want to watch.
New things, hmmm....he now shakes his head no a lot. He doesn't know what it means but sometimes his timing is hilarious. He is really into throat gurgles lately. We gave up on keeping him out of the kitchen and he loves his new freedom (we just have to watch him around the backdoor blinds and the garbage can). He is fascinated by other kids. Today at church he chased this other little crawling baby girl all around the foyer till he backed her into a corner. We all thought it was pretty funny till she started to cry. Apparently Carson is a little too aggressive or just really scary. He now knows what he wants and also what he doesn't. The minute he's done with his bottle he swats it away with no warning and impressive force. It often takes me by surprise and goes flying across the room. I can get him to go to sleep in my arms at church now if I go into an empty room with no distractions. This new trick has made church a little more bearable. Also, the endless desire for Gerber Puff finger foods allows for him to sit on a lap much longer than normal.
As for Karl and I, school's going great. Karl just did really well on a test. Carson and I spent a couple evenings up at his parents' so that he could have the night to study uninterrupted. So we were all glad he got a good grade (which proves he really did study, not PlayStation marathon or something). Karl's also re-figured out his school schedule and after this semester, he only has two semesters left. Hooray!!!
We had a couple friends over for dinner tonight and then played the newly wed game. It was pretty funny. Karl and I scored the lowest but we sure had fun doing it. We forfeited quite a few points because I kept forgetting he was supposed to say an answer and THEN I was supposed to reveal what I wrote. I was just so excited I kept blurting out what I wrote before he guessed. But on the questions that we actually got to count, we did pretty good.
I've begun interviewing for jobs. I've made it to the second round of interviews for Deloitte. I heard from another interviewee that there were only 6 people that made it and 3 openings...so 50/50 chance. But who knows...I'm actually quite nervous. It's an all day event on Wednesday, I'll give you an update. But one thing I know for sure, if they ask me my weaknesses I won't give them Jessie's answer on one of her job interviews..."ummm, sometimes I'm lazy." Although she got the job so maybe they value honesty???
Well, that's all for now. Kasey
No comments:
Post a Comment