Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Job Update

Well, to start off, I didn't get the job at Deloitte. A little disappointing, but I also had reservations about working that much and trying to be with Carson as much as possible. So I'm just looking at the positive and thinking about how all the other jobs I'm interviewing for will be a little more family oriented. I have two more confirmed interviews in the next few weeks and a couple more I still haven't applied for. I'm actually just as interested in quite a few that are coming up. So it's all going to be okay. It still would have been nice for them to say "Kasey, we can't function as a company with out you." And then I would say "hmmm, I'll have to think about it. I'm just not sure." But oh well. I'll let you know how the next ones go. Oh...let me say a few words about the interview though. So it was narrowed down to 6 from who knows how many applicants and then 40 1st round interviews. So when us 6 showed up (for 2 positions) they said that they already knew we were qualified now it was just trying to see who would make the best fit. So we rotated through and one-on-one met with a partner and then two other employees. I was pretty honest about my worries about being a working mom so I'm assuming that I wouldn't have been a great fit...I'm okay with that because obviously Carson is more important. But anyway, 3 hours later we all went out to a fancy lunch (their treat). It was actually pretty fun - chit chat for 3 hours and then lunch. The other interviewees were made up of two other ASU students (one girl, one boy), a girl of U of San Diego, a guy from BYU, and a guy from UCLA. I was surprised they came from all over. Moving on.

I've uploaded a video of Carson laughing - pretty dang cute. It won't let me post pics right now - but I've got some cute ones for later.


No comments: