Saturday, May 31, 2008

Camping in Flag

So, we went camping in Flagstaff over Memorial Day weekend. The weather was nice there the week before, but for the weekend a cold front moved in. Karl and I showed up Friday night at 7 pm and started setting up fast so we could so we could get settled before it was dark. By the time our tent was set up and we were moving everything in it started to snow!!! So we got everything in and bundled up a bit more and then got ready to camp while snowing. We had borrowed a space heater that runs on propane so that helped. We also got Carson this warm fleece sleeper that saved us. He slept toasty warm each night. We called him our little Ewok in this outfit.


The wind kept Karl and I up a bit but the cold wasn't that bad. We spent a day checking out these old Native American ruins. It was pretty cool. The one with Carson is over a "blow hole." There was cool air just flying out of it. You can see Carson's hair coming up (and there was a gate on it so nothing can fall in).




We also played some more paint ball. For some reason my left arm was a magnet. I got hit three times in the left arm and once in the left hand. I was pretty sure if I got hit in that arm again I'd cry. Karl got a mean bruise on his back. But of course it was fun. We tried a new game where we all start together and get 10 seconds to run and hide - all against all. I didn't do so great though because I hadn't closed my hopper tight enough and all my paint spilled out as I was running to hide. So then I was frantically picking up paint as everyone else hid. Needless to say, I was the first out. We also all went and saw the new Indiana Jones movie. I thought it was pretty good but it was my 1st Indiana Jones movie ever so I didn't have expectations. I think some thought it was a little out there.

I got all my CPA review material and it is hefty. So now I'm going to start plugging away at that. Karl got to go to a Diamondbacks game with clients for work on Thursday. He had a good time. And then we both went to a D-Backs game last night. Karl won tickets at work. So that was fun. Vickie watched Carson for us and I forgot to take wipes over to her house. And of course Carson had a major mess. So if I ever ask you to babysit - perhaps make a checklist before I leave your house.

Carson is starting to talk complete jibberish all day long. It's pretty funny. Some of his favorites are liddle liddle and well...tons of others that I can't figure out how to spell. Karl and I are getting very excited for Hawaii. The Cordell family is going on June 21st. Also coming up is Carson's 1st birthday on the 18th. Karl and I have our 5 year anniversary on the 7th. Big month!


Kasey

1 comment:

The Moon's said...

5 years, that is awesome Kase! And it looks like your Northwest roots came in handy for your camping trip! I bet you will enjoy Hawaii even more! Have a blast!