Well it's official - I'm employed. I start in September so I have the summer to pass the CPA exam and relax - and visit Spokane!!! I got the offer on Friday and am excited. I think Moss Adams will be a really good fit for me. So now Karl and I have a bunch of decisions to make.
I forgot to blog about an IRS day I had at the end of the semester. Our fraud accounting class got to be "IRS Fraud Investigators" for a day. It was pretty fun. We had to solve the accounting mysteries. We worked with a whole team of IRS agents and had to do interviews and fake search warrent situations. I was hoping that sometime in the day I could shout "Where were you on the night of the murder?"...but it never really applied. I should have just thrown it into my suspect interview anyway - that would have really scared them. Anyway, the project is called "Project Adrian." And the IRS has only done it at a few schools so far. It was really cool that they choose to try it at ASU. Here is the link to the school article on it http://asunews.asu.edu/node/3140. Our teacher, Barb Muller, is really involved and was my favorite professor ever. The project was really fun, although I'm pretty sure I'm not going to become a fraud investigator.
That's all - we're going camping this weekend so I'm sure there will be pics to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment