Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Oh Man

Time really flew all of the sudden. A few exciting things have happened in our lives.
Carson first...He is now walking like crazy. If he falls he just stands right back up and starts again. I keep trying to get video of it to post but of course he doesn't want to cooperate. I'll get it soon though. He holds his little arms out in front of him like Frankenstein. Another item, I took Carson to get his first hair cut at a real salon type place. I trimmed his hair the other night and it looked awful. It's just gotten so thick I can't do it very well anymore. So after I tried (and he looked like Jim Carey in Dumb and Dumber) I took him to Cool Cuts 4 Kids so they could fix it. We were in and out in 15 minutes and he now looks cute as can be. They sit the kids in a little car and strap them in. There is a TV at every station that is hooked up to movies, video games, whatever. So Carson watched Elmo and didn't even notice his hair being cut. He started to want to look all over though so I distracted him with bubbles. He didn't like when she got out the clippers because I held his head still. But once it was over he was happy. It's a real little boy haircut...all short on top. I tried to get some pics but it is so hard to see the difference not in person.

This pic is too funny. This is the only cabinet without the locks on it. I left it for him because there isn't anything breakable in it and I think he should be able to explore something. Anyway, he usually spends half the morning emptying it and playing with each item. The other morning though he worked so hard to get himself and his bunny inside. It took him quite awhile.



Karl was bored the other day and put Carson in this hutch (I know baby torture). Carson thought it was hilarious and kept smooshing his face against the glass.



This is one of his favorite places to sit. I pull out his toy box and he always just climbs right in and then starts to play.




School is finally over - and for me that means completely, for Karl that means for the summer. Karl only has one more year and then he's done with his Masters. I did really well and ended up with an overall GPA of 3.97. I'm pretty proud of that because I worked hard. People ask if I'm glad to be done...which I am because it's nice to reach a goal, but I really did enjoy my classes. I think I'll kind of miss it (I know weird). But I've entertained the idea of a masters somewhere down the road...we'll see. Karl did really well this last semester too. He really enjoyed his GIS class (a software program I don't know much about but you can look it up if you want to know more).

This weekend was especially FUN!!! Jessie came into town with the studio she teaches at for the NYCDA competition (you can also look up that if you want to know more). She came to be the convention's tap teacher's demonstrator. She came in Friday night and we all went out to dinner for Vickie's birthday!! Then we hung out at Vickie's and ate the delicious cake Josh made her. Saturday the convention began and I took full advantage of Jessie and sneaked into a few classes. Just to attend for a day is about $100 and you get a wrist band that allows you to roam free. I just didn't have a band and no one stopped me...so...their fault...right? I was just testing the system and they failed...moving on. I got to take three tap classes and watch a lot of jazz classes. I saw some incredible dancers. One of which...I think you might know her...Sabra Johnson!!!


Jessie and I were in the lobby when she walked right next to us and I turned into a 12 year old girl and had a little silent freak out. She's a celebrity to us so we were really excited. She was helping with the competition and teaching a few classes (she also sat right in front of us at the competition and Jessie got a pic of the back of her head with her cell phone, a need to get a copy of that). Anyway, the competition went great, Jessie did a great job demonstrating, I learned a few new tap tricks, and had so much fun. The tap teacher was named Danny Wallace and he's involved with a program called Tap the Map. They tour the US teaching tap workshops. I really hope the come to this area but it isn't planned yet. Tap is just so much more present on the east coast than it is here. Then Sunday night Jessie went back home. Anyway - a great weekend.


Funny story and then I'm done. (Warning: don't be offended my fellow AZ dwellers, as most of you already know...this city doesn't quite fit me perfectly) The weather was unusual for AZ today. It was cloudy and windy. I love these days. It is such a nice break from the blue and it makes me feel so excited. I was driving along and it started pouring rain. I just sat in my car smiling and loving every second. It made me feel like I was in a different city and I was thinking about how it will be nice to move someday. I came out of my day dream and realized "Funky Town" was playing on the radio. Right as I tuned into the song it said "Got to make a move to a town that's right for me." I started laughing so hard. Someday we'll probably move...but for now AZ is nice and definitely has it's benefits (family, warm winters, hmmmm, I'm sure there are more).

Well - that's all. Sorry it's long. I should have posted sooner.


Kasey

No comments: