So I took the audit section of the exam yesterday. I feel pretty good about it. I have 3 down now and only one more to go. I'll take that one in Oct since the test isn't offered in Sept. I get really worked up on my drive to the testing center. There is just soooo much information running through my head but I know it's too late to study because I can't retain any more. So I do a little old school Backstreet Boys therapy. I'm pretty sure no one can resist to sing along to "The Call" or "Shape of My Heart". And let's not forget the classic "I Want it That Way". The songs usually make no sense but I have to sing and dance and all of the sudden I'm not worried about my test, I'm relaxed and in a much better mood to concentrate when I get there.
Karl's surgery got rescheduled. He is a little bummed because he was all ready to have it done - but I am so relieved. I was really stressing about leaving the day after. They called to reschedule and I forced Karl to wait till I get back. So everyone can still check on him (I'm sure he'll be lonely), but at least now he won't be dying.
Carson and I went to lunch today. He had his first Churro. He grabbed the whole thing and took a big bite. I thought he was going to love it with all the cinnamon and sugar, but he spat it out after a few seconds. He does like the cinnamon and sugar though. I was laughing in the restaurant pretty hard because he was seriously licking his hands (from bottom of the palm to tips of the fingers). He would have been happy to just lick the churro but apparently he doesn't like the texture or something. A little odd seeing as he'll eat basically anything. Anyway - it was pretty funny to see his tongue flattened against his hands. I wish I had had a camera.
Gas prices have gone down a little which is nice but it's also made me crazy. I find myself saying "$3.67!!! That's so great!!!" - which we all know is a crazy statement. $3.67 is still ridiculous compared to just a little while ago. Oh the way our mind sets can change.
Next time I blog I will be in the much cooler city of Spokane. Hooray!
4 comments:
I am crossing my fingers for you! I know you studied a lot, and I am sure you did great! If only you knew what your other results were. Karl is still invited to come for dinner Sunday if he wants, oh and I wish you would've had a camera to capture your cutie enjoying his first churro! Have fun in Spokane for all of us here in the HEAT:)
I wish I could have seen Carson eating that Churro as well! Just cut out the middle man next time, and hand him the cinnamon sugar shaker from the cupboard - and take pictures! :)
My kids LOVE churros! I don't think I had a churro until I was 25.
I just read a few of your previous posts and I particularly was fascinated by Karl's inability to break down fat. I'm sure that it is a serious thing and not something to laugh about, but I think I'm going to start blaming my spare tire on my own fatty tumors.
BTW, thank you for making such great 'signs' for our activity. They are not signs, they are pieces of art! Thank you so much for making them so nice.
Have a great time in Spokane!
Hey, I am sorry I didn't get the paint samples to you before you left! I hope that you have fun in Washington, and I am mailing your stuff to your husband! See you when you get back... and super cute blog!
Post a Comment