Karl had a birthday...shout hooray! He turned 30! We had entertained the idea of a big party, but he just wanted to relax. So we went out to dinner with his parents and had a little celebration. Here is us at dinner.
So as some of you may have read on Karl's sisters' blogs, their Papa (grandfather) passed away September 11th. Karl, Carson, and I were all able to go over to Charleston, SC for the funeral. It was a really quick trip but we were all so glad we went. The funeral was really nice and it was good to see Nanny (Karl's grandma). She got to see Carson again although he wasn't a tiny baby like last time. This time he and his cousin Kenzie were running all over her house trying to destroy. It was nice to be with Karl's family too. We got to spend one day at the beach and the water was still really warm. Here are a few pics of the kids at the beach. It was low tide so there some little pools and rivers for them to play in. Carson also helped himself to every one's lime-ades. Apparently he thought they were all for him and also very delicious.
I took the 4th and final section of the CPA exam on Monday. I didn't feel as prepared as I did for the other ones, but hopefully I still passed. If not, then I'll still have one more section and I'll have to take it in January or February. I got back my score for the audit section and got a 93!! That's at least exciting. I've also been working for 3 weeks now. Carson seems to have adjusted really well. I've adjusted too. I'll be honest, the first week was EMOTIONAL! I was a crying wreck everyday when I'd get home and would wallow in my guilt every night. I've calmed down about most of my fears though and I really feel like everything is going to be fine.
Carson has learned the meaning of time out. We started them a few weeks ago and they have worked wonders. We only do it for 1 minute, but he knows the words "time out" now. We'll tell him no a few times and then if he keeps doing it I ask if he needs a time out. He usually just freezes the minute we say the word. And then of course there are the times where he completely ignores me and then we have to follow through. But I was amazed at how in 2 or 3 weeks that word had so much meaning to him. His new favorite thing is to do something he knows he's not supposed to do (like hit) and then look at me and say "NO!" really seriously. It's like he's trying to beat me to the punch or something. It's actually pretty funny and it's hard not to laugh. He has yes (ya) and no down. He says them all day long. He may not understand what I'm asking him, but he understands the tone of voice for a question and will reply yes or no just depending on how he is feeling. But if you bring out a fruit snack, he starts saying ya over and over and shaking his head yes as frantically as he can.
Karl's birthday money + trading in our Play Station 2 and Game Cube + 20 games + 6 controllers + probably some other things = A brand new Xbox 360!! Karl is like a little kid at Christmas. I'm happy too because the first game we bought was Guitar Hero. I have to say I'm pretty much an amazing rock star. At 8 pm, the fog machines turn on, I strap on my leather pants (or sweats), pick up my guitar, and transform into the artist that I am. And, in true rock star fashion, I save the dishes or laundry for another day. I might as well live the life style...now that I've found my true calling.
I can't think of anything else cool that has happened so I may supplement this later. Here is a video to say goodbye, or perhaps I should say goodnight.
3 comments:
I am sorry to hear about Karl's grandmother. At least you were all able to make it a special trip. Also, congrats on your tests! That is an amazing score! I can totally understand your hardship with sending your little man out, and you going off to work! I do the same with Eden and it still isn't easy for me after a year! I think when you know how wonderful it is to stay at home then you also know and appreciate working, as a woman it is hard to want both things! I have found that I get an ear-full from people with their opinions on both sides too! So that doesn't make it any better either. I wish you luck in work, and happiness in your home! I think that is the best line, and makes me feel so much better!
Ohh, and super funny video!
The video is hilarious! Gotta love the moments when they are so cute! I am glad to hear that you have adjusted to the working mom life! Great job on your exam!!
An amazing rock star? I knew you were holding something back!
Post a Comment