Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Hmmm...who cares about titles

I'm getting a little nervous for Thanksgiving. This is my first year hosting...dun dun dun. There is just so much hype put on the turkey that I can't help but try to cover all my bases to make sure my turkey is good. I spent 30 min massaging salt into the dead bird this morning (to start my brining), every time I open the fridge I give it a positive little pep talk ("You're doing so good in that little brine...keep up the good work")...perhaps I should play it classical music. If it turns out crappy....not my fault. It was just a bad bird. (I'll have to apologize to it for that one tomorrow). I am also really excited for Thanksgiving though. The meal plan looks delicious and yes, I'm shaking it up a bit. No one in attendance is a big fan of pumpkin pie...so I'm cutting it. Also, I've traded apple crisp for apple pie at the majority vote of my guests. Why not eat what we want, right? There were a few other creative directions I wanted to explore but got vetoed...and apparently I'm the only one that loves green bean casserole (that one will never be cut). I'm sure I'll have pictures later of the beautiful event.

I saw Twilight today. I know I may lose friends over this but 1) I'm kind of over the books and 2) I hate ruining my beautiful imagination pictures with what some director feels I should think. So I didn't want to see it. But I did, because I had to...that I knew. There were a few scenes I LOVED and I thought my imagination had underachieved by so much. But there were parts I hated. Cedric Diggory (as he will forever be known to me) grew on me as Edward. Although I got tired of his crazy eyes. I thought Bella was pretty good. The depth wasn't there though and I think someone who hadn't read the books would be lost or at least missing so much. I felt like the director/producers didn't have enough time to make the movie or they just called it good enough because they knew no matter what all the fans would go see it. I say - go see it, but don't expect your life to be changed. Will I see the sequel? I really can't say...but yes. (Office quote again for those of you always confused at my random quotes) - here's the video for enlightenment.



Carson is working on a few new things. His two new words are shoes (sues) and snack (nack with a really really soft k sound at the end). I don't know when kids start to count but it's one of his favorite games right now. He'll line up his toys and say a gibberish sounds as he points to each one. He then celebrates by throwing them all on the ground. Here's a video of him counting and doing a few animal sounds. I only asked him four animals and then I couldn't think of anymore animals. But he's got 7 or 8 now. Kitty is my favorite. You can't quite hear it in the video but he does it all soft, like he's really trying to sound like a cat. Enjoy...


5 comments:

Jason and Ashlee said...

1 - great job on Thanksgiving dinner. I bet it was tasty!

2 - I totally agree with you on Twilight - good thing we have books to fill in the details.

3 - Carson is so darn cute. He looks like a little boy, not a baby anymore

Hope all is well with you guys. Lets get together soon, unless you're sick of us.

Little Dame said...

HA- Jason and Ashlee had the same idea as I did...so much went on in that post that I almost took notes! A: How did the turkey turn out?. B: I concur on Twilight...I read them like any good stay at home Mo' mom should and thought they were regular unleaded. Laughed so hard at the unintentional comedy stuff and bulgy creep eyes...luckily when I went with all the Mo's I sat with Alicia Baker and we were irrereverant as ever and probably enjoyed it more that way.
and C: Nice work on Carson...stinkin cute kiddo.

JLJ said...

Lily just watched the Carson movies with me. Without seeing your family picture from your header and from just hearing your voice, she came running in "Is that Sis Woodard !?!" She wants to watch the "spikey hair" one again.

Kristin Lynne said...

Kasey, Have I told you lately how much I love and miss you guys? I hate being so far away from you! Carson is adorable, and I LOVED the office clip and your quotes. . . thanks for making the Office even more funny than it already is. And about Twilight . . . I liked it, for sure, but I agree that the depth in the books is so much better . . . and Cedric Diggery will always be that to me, too . . . not a shabby Edward, though . . . just not what I had in mind.

adam and erica said...

First, I must say Carson is quite the cute face. He is getting so big! I am sad that we don't live closer to see each other more. Second, I have never read or seen Twilight...I know probably the only one. But I do love the office, that was a good one:)