Monday, December 15, 2008

Happy Holidays

So our Thanksgiving was great. Nothing burned, the turkey massaging I did worked great (it was juicy and delicious...not dry). All the food was perfect. Jessie made some creative center pieces after I failed and ran out of time. Vickie did great on the rolls. Our Martha Stewart/Snoop Dogg mashed potatoes were so good that they are what I'm making every year now (it was a MS recipe that she made on her show with Snoop Dogg and he loved them...so they had to be good, right?). Carson loved the yams (well, the marsh mellows) and the stuffing. You can see my beautiful bird in the background (it was sitting before we carved it).


Karl and I (or maybe I should just say I) got Guitar Hero World Tour. Carson loves the drum set. He used to try to play the guitars with us but when we pull the drum set out, no other instrument matters. Here's a pic of the cute little rocker.




Karl and I had my work Christmas party Saturday night. It was fun. Karl and I don't go out on dates much so it was nice to get all dressed up and go out together. The food was really good and I even got a dance out of Karl.

Carson has picked up some new words and he is working on so many I've lost count. He now says "cracker" and "pepper". You may think "pepper, do you pepper his food a lot?" The answer is no, it's the name of the dog where he goes during the day. He usually whispers pepper though, maybe he's still unsure of himself. He also will say "more". He is also trying really hard to say "thank you". It usually comes out as dane do...but we know what he's going for.

Carson legally went to nursery on Sunday, without Karl. We've been taking him to nursery for months but Karl always has to stay because Carson wasn't old enough. He is now legal and we are all as happy as can be. He's definitely not a cry for my mom kind of kid. He just sees the open door and leaps out of my arms, takes off running, and doesn't look back once. Karl got to go to priesthood for the first time in a long time so I know he appreciated this new development. Other than that, the kid always has teeth coming in and he's as crazy as ever.

We are getting ready for the Christmas season and I'm getting excited. Hope you all have a great Christmas...I probably won't get to blog again before then.

2 comments:

Jason and Ashlee said...

Thanksgiving dinner/decorations looked so good. You all did a great job. I'll have to get the recipe for the mashed potatoes - if you guys approve, they have to be good.

Carson really was a sweetheart on Saturday. It's always so fun to watch him and see how is getting bigger and learning more words. Seriously - anytime, You guys need to do more date nights - so bring him by.

adam and erica said...

Hi Kaseco! I love your cute holiday blog and your stories...funny as ever. Miss you a lot! Hopefully we can all plan a get together, maybe in summer 2010?