First things first...I passed the last section of the CPA exam with a 90! I am so excited. I am all done with the exam and never have to study for it again! I started jumping around after I opened the letter and Carson thought it was hilarious. He spent the next half hour trying to jump around and celebrate. He can't quite make it off the ground yet though so it was pretty funny to watch. Now...I just have to get my experience, 5 recommendation letters, transcripts, etc and I'll be a CPA. It feels really good to have this hurdle done with, but I still have a ways to go before I'm licensed.
So Christmas was a blast. We spent it at Karl's parent's house with all of Karl's family. There was a lot of cookies/candy, games, movies, gingerbread houses, and Rock Band. Carson was really excited about all his new toys. A little while into opening presents he just wanted to go play with the toys and didn't want to open any more. So he ran off and played while we all finished. We got Carson a little musical instrument set. He loves the drums sticks a little too much. They are dangerous weapons in the hands of a 1 1/2 yr old. Karl's family puts up a sheet into the Christmas room to avoid early peeking...Carson cheated as seen in the picture below.
New Year's Eve was also fun. Kari and Garrett came over and we partied like never before...or I fell asleep on the couch at 11:40 pm and they woke me up 1 minute before midnight and handed me a glass of sparkling cider. Then I toasted the new year and went to bed. Wow...I'm really that lame. I can remember the excitement of New Year's Eve as a kid and staying up way past midnight to bang pots and pans. Hmm...times change.
New Year's Day we headed up to Flagstaff so Carson and Kenzie could experience the snow. We all had so much fun. We went sledding and played in the snow. Carson and Kenzie loved it. Carson ate a bunch of snow. Yes, I made sure it wasn't yellow. And yes, it seems he likes to try everything (sand, snow, etc).
Yesterday we went to the Zoo. Carson really liked the lions, the warthogs, and the snakes. A lot of the animals were asleep or hiding, but anything that moved he liked. He was really sweet and would say bye to all the animals as we moved on. We took him to the petting zoo thinking he would like it but he could care less about the goats. He was more excited about the cool benches he could climb on. I kept trying to get him to pet the goats and he would just walk off.
Carson also has a new favorite activity...don't ask me why, I have no clue.
4 comments:
he seems like such a fun little boy! And you guys have been busy doing all sorts of fun stuff....it rocks! Congrats on your CPA stuff too, you will be licensed before you know it I bet!
Of course you passed:-) I am so happy for you. Sounds like you had a lot of fun over the holidays!
Call me when you get a chance and let me know when visiting teaching is good for you.
I'm sorry to say..he picked that up from my house. Kaylee, Sam, and your little sweetie love putting small trash cans and laundry baskets on their heads. If they can't see through them they love to knock into the walls too.
He is such a cutie!
HAHAHA, I love the the trash cans on the head! Eden does that too, he likes to make himself mini-forts. Congrats on the CPA exam, wow, all great scores too! And looks like you guys had a fun filled holiday! I want to make it up north to play in the snow, have any good ideas of where to play? Looks like you guys found a fun spot, well a clean spot at least.
Post a Comment