I've been out of town for a weeks for work so Karl was holding down the fort. Unfortunately, Carson got pretty sick and Karl had to deal with it all by himself (he had a few helpers - THANK YOU). Karl went to get Carson up one morning and he had thrown up and had a fever. After a few days of fever and mucus, Carson went to the doctor. He had ear infections in both ears. I don't know if that is what caused all the other symptoms or if the ear infection was a symptom of something else, but needless to say the kid was miserable. Karl would tell me over the phone at night that Carson just slept in his arms all day. If you know Carson, you know this is sooo unusual. Sleep in some one's arms? No way. So after 4 prescriptions and a week or so, Carson was back to himself. Just in time for me to come home. I felt awful not being the one taking care of him, but I knew Karl was doing a good job. Karl had to take some days of work though so that wasn't great for him.
There were a few times Carson's fever got pretty high so Karl stuck him in a cold bath to cool him down. Although it worked to bring his fever down, Carson developed a complete fear of the bathtub. He'd just cling to our necks and wrap his legs as far around us as they go. He never cuddles. So while he was probably scared to death, I still loved the cuddles. But then when we forced him into the tub he would just cry and say up over and over. So I went to Target and bought him a ton of new bath toys. Luckily, that's all he needed. The first bath with all his new toys, he still didn't want to get in, but once he was in he didn't cry at all. In fact, he cried when he had to get out. YEAH for toys!
Carson, as always, is a handful. The new struggle is throwing, hitting, and kicking when we are playing. We've worked on the no hitting when he's mad at us. But he's reached a stage in his humor development where he thinks these actions are hilarious. Sometimes, they are, and Karl and I have to work so hard to not laugh. Especially when Carson did this total round house kick to Karl's stomach the other day. I just think it's really hard for him to see the line. The throwing one is hard. I'm sure he's thinking "Why is it okay for me to throw this ball or this plane that will fly, but not okay to throw this book or drumstick at your head?" He'll eventually see the difference, but for right now, check the kid for weapons. And I would suggest not laying on the ground at his feet when he is standing - you are bound to get a kick.
But he is cute as ever and keeps us laughing. He is so good at saying please now, but thank you is no where to be seen. Why would he learn to say it if he already got what he wanted, right? He is still very independent and gets frustrated when we don't let him do everything himself. The two pics below: 1) Sleep while eating hits again. This was after church and we were trying to get him to eat lunch before his nap...didn't happen, 2) Karl teaching Carson one of his favorite bad habits. It was kind of cute to see my two fellas both taking whipped cream shots from the can.
On a very positive note, I just received a letter from the AZ State Board of Accountancy. I got the ninth highest score on my CPA exam in the state of AZ for 2008. I was pretty excited. The AZ Society of CPAs honors the top ten (barely made it). I'm not sure what "honors" means though. Will they make me a T-shirt "I survived the CPA exam." Maybe they will just send me a letter "We honor you." We'll see. I hope it isn't the T-shirt.
That's all for now. Happy Valentines Day!
2 comments:
Congratulations on the CPA Test. That is awesome. I don't know if you have heard but I got into University of Wyoming Counselor Education graduate program. I am starting in the fall full-time.
You're still just as smart as ever...Congrats!
Post a Comment