Sunday, March 1, 2009

We're Going Green

Not the environmental kind - although we do try and do our share. But the Irish kind. We are 2/15 part Irish (Office Quote). Actually, I don' think we are Irish at all. I always thought St Patrick's Day was fun as a kid though. My mom would get out the green food coloring and we would have green pancakes with green milk. We would get a visit from the leprechaun and I'd wear some elaborately green outfit to school. I definitely don't plan my outfits around the holidays anymore, but being a parent makes holidays fun in a whole new way. Carson is still young so I probably won't pull out all the stops, but soon I can do all these fun little holiday things.

Carson used to say "Hey" whenever someone walked into a room, when he played with our phones, etc. He is trying to switch to "Hello" though and it is pretty cute. He says "Ho" now whenever he is saying hi. Every time he says ho I feel like I should throw my hands up in the air, and wave them like I just don't care (Hip hop hooray, ho, hey, ho). Here's a video of him saying Ho.

I have this Moss Adams free hand out IPod speaker. You plug your IPod inside it and then it plays out loud (crappy quality, but it was free). Carson likes to carry it around. He threw it at the camera though, which then hit me in the face. It hurt pretty bad, but every time I watch this I laugh. Maybe you'll laugh too.

Carson is also trying really hard to jump lately. He does it daily. He'll stand on a book or a pillow or something and get into jump position. He'll crouch down and then say "pump" as he tries to jump (he's still not making it off the ground though). Here is a video of that too. Lot's of video this time.

Carson, my sis Vickie, and I went to the Zoo again this weekend. Last time Carson didn't even pay attention to the goats in the petting zoo, but this time he loved them. He made sure to touch every singe goat. Below is a video of Carson and a few of the goats.

5 comments:

Jason and Ashlee said...

What a cutie. And what a great mom you are!!! I know you make the holidays really fun, and FYI... St. Patricks is my favorite, I guess it has to be since that is also my birthday. I'll have to stop by to see if you have your green on ;)

adam and erica said...

He is getting so big!! I can't believe it has already been a year and a half since we all got together. I say we plan another get together in the summer of 2010. Where's it going to be this time Arizona, New Mexico, or Texas?

Julia said...

You know, if you really wanted to celebrate St. Patrick's day you'd let him try a little whisky...or maybe some raspberry schnopps! That's what I'm planning for Emmy and Kaylee. (so I remember the schnopps thing was some kind of joke we had in high school but I don't remember what it was about all the way...I think I was going to be a crazy alcoholic aunt to your kids...or you were to my kids. Either way it came true...right?) Also, I laughed really hard at the clip where he threw the thing at the camera. Take that mom! I've had that happen to me too! Love ya!

Mom (W) said...

I loved it! The videos are great and I'm just sorry I didn't get you his "Green Shirt" before the picture was taken - Love You!

JLJ said...

Hey I love your new header! That rainbow and pot o gold is quite spiffy. My kids love seeing these videos of Carson.