Monday, April 20, 2009

Easter and More

First - this picture has nothing to do with anything else in the post, but Carson likes to climb into our coffee table sometimes. It usually holds his toys. So I let him eat his snack there one day. He was so excited and looked so funny in the coffee table.

My Easter post may be a little delayed, but I had to give my faithful followers a chance to savor the last post. We celebrated Easter a week early with Karl's family since his sisters were in town. There was a big Easter egg hunt in the back yard. Normally, I lay the smack down and slaughter everyone - we're talking dollar bills here, but I decided to let everyone else have a chance this year and spent my time helping Carson find eggs. He immediately loved the game and would put the eggs in his basket. It was fun to take him around and find the little eggs. We also did some egg dyeing. Carson was a little over zealous at first and threw an egg into the green dye...which then splashed all over Karl's mom...oops. She had a greenish tint after that...which I think just made her more festive. After the mishap though, he would softly put the eggs in the dye. Carson devoured all the candy the Easter bunny brought him...which is probably more candy than he's had in his life put together. He got a cute little book called "Fifteen Animals" which he loves. It's about a boy who had fifteen animals and they are all named Bob - but there is a tune to the song so we sing it as we read it. He loves that book.


We also did a little family celebration on the true Easter. Karl and I hid some eggs in our house and filled them with Cheerios. He loved this hunt just as much and was so excited about all his "snacks" (what he yelled every time he found an egg).


Here are a few pics. The one with me is obviously not my best, and yes I had just rolled out of bed, but he looks so cute with his cheeks stuffed with Cheerios and his feet crossed.





Below are two rather long videos - but I figure you can hit stop whenever you get bored. For my parents - who will probably watch the whole thing several times - you get to hear his sweet little thank you somewhere towards the end of the first one.







I feel I should blog the famous Kasey Easter egg hunt story that Karl's family will never let me live down. Preface - I'm am not very sporty nor am I competitive. When I tried to play soccer in 5th grade I would give the other team the ball in order to maintain fairness and also avoid getting kicked. Karl's family is very good at both of these things - sports and competition. So before my first Easter egg hunt with his family - I was totally pumping myself up in my head. "C'mon Kasey. You can do this! Don't try and be fair...try to win!" I figured I would have to give 150% to equal their 100%. I just kept picturing them all having 25 eggs and I'd have 2. So Karl's parents shouted go and I tore through the house like a wild animal. I was pushing, grabbing, using trickery, etc. Only about 15 minutes into it did I realize that everyone else was just there to have fun...and they were all thinking I was crazy. I ended up with a ton of eggs. To this day they all joke about their scars from that hunt (I guess emotional and physical). So now I take it easy on the hunts, but they will never let me live it down.


Carson has started crying in the car because he wants our sunglasses. So I took the little sunglasses he has and put them in the car. He'll wear them the entire drive. He puts them on and then says "Cute". Every time I do a head check to change lanes and see him out of the corner of my eye, I start laughing. He is too funny back there with his shades. I took these pictures with my phone so they are not great, but I didn't have my camera.





More exciting adventures to come soon - as they are so plentiful in my non-boring life.

3 comments:

Jason and Ashlee said...

What fun Easter's. Hey - when money is involved - I say go all out. His family might tease you, but you have the cash.


I love the pictures of Carson in the table, and the sunglasses - he is totally a little boy now.

Zelma Tiger said...

Love each post! Keep 'em coming.
Carson is so cute IN the table. He looks so happy. His face appears thinner with more definition--which makes him look like a real little boy. Love his talking, too. He said "snack" several times and "thank you," too. But I like the way he used language to get what he wanted when he said "op" for open the egg. He's sooo smart and happy.
You guys look great, too. Love,M

Zelma Tiger said...

Oh, I noticed he said, "There" and "What's that," too. Can't wait to see him in person soon. M