So I've been trying to work out a lot more lately. It is something that I have such a hard time putting in my schedule. I've been getting up at 4:30 and heading to the gym before work. It makes traffic a lot lighter so that has been nice. But some mornings that snooze button is way to appealing. Saturdays have been really great. I drop Carson off at the Kid's Club at the gym and then sweat like never before. I find I push myself a lot harder if I take classes. I'm not sure why, maybe it is peer pressure or maybe I'm just having more fun. When I work late nights though - working out just doesn't happen. I've decided there is no easy way to fit it in.
Today I did a step class and then a lifting class (2 hours - thank you very much). I know I'm not in the best of shape but I feel like I can hold my own. There is something I have to address though. There are several 70 year old women taking these classes with me, lifting the same amount of weights as me, and lasting just as long in the cardio class. Also, they took the yoga class before the step class (I saw them in the room before the class let out). Also, as I was leaving after my two hours - thinking I was going to die by the way, they stayed for the stretching class. Maybe they have a lot of free time but I cannot believe how in shape they are. And how not in shape I am. I feel like I should be dancing circles around a 70 year woman. It's definitely motivating and you have to admire them. I just felt like clapping for them after the class. I hope I can keep up with a moderately in shape 25 year old when I'm 70.
I took Carson out to run some errands today - which is not his favorite activity. Carson likes to be a free bird so sitting in carts and looking at boring things drives him bonkers, which leads to whining and melt downs. So I try and run errands very prepared. I make sure he's eaten, I give him "run outside breaks" in between stores, and I try and find things in the stores for him to look at. He did really great today and I didn't walk away wanting to pull my hair out which is nice. We were taking a play outside break in front of Bed Bath & Beyond and Carson discovered some puddles - yes it rained today, so nice. So I was showing him how to jump and stomp in puddles and he was having a grand ol' time. Then he got in the cart and we went in the store. Some lady came up to me and told me that I was a good mom. I almost burst into tears. I think I'm a good mom and I feel like a do a pretty good job, but it was so nice to hear. Obviously Carson is my first kid so half of my rearing decisions are based on educated guesses (they always say the first kid is the guinea pig). I'll tell Carson about this lady someday when he is shouting "It's not fair" and slamming his door shut. Oh wait, is that a dramatic girl thing? I grew up in a house of 4 girls so I don't know what boys do when they think something isn't fair. Hmmm...we'll see (again, guinea pig).
As I said above, it rained today. I love when it rains - I feel cozy and inspired. Weird feelings together, but that is how I feel. I wish it rained a lot more. I would say once a week is good, maybe twice. I miss it so much. Someday rain...someday you and I will be together again.
Not much new for Carson (sorry mom and dad). I do have a video of him making a mess though. Or maybe I should say Karl in this case. I've always been a pretty patient person, which I try to apply to parenting every day. I do consciously make an effort to relax though. My mantra is "what's the worse that could happen." So as Carson makes messes, I try to grab the camera instead of freaking out. As seen in the video below - what's the worse that could happen. It was me spending less than 2 minutes cleaning up...I'd say it was worth it.
Thank you for attending my 50th anniversary. Please don't forget your party favor as you head out the door.
3 comments:
Oh, now I'm gonna cry. Carson is soooo adoreable. YOU ARE a great mother. And your blog is such a treat. Congrats on your wonderful 50 entries. Mom
I love reading your blog because I can totally hear your saying what you are writing. It always takes me back to freshman year and then I miss seeing all of you more often. Hopefully it won't be too long! Oh, and by the way letting your kid jump in rainy wet puddles, you are the best mom ever!
Kase - I think you're an absolutelty fabulous mom! I love watching you with Carson. He usually knows his boundaries, a big feat for a not-quite-2-yr-old, especially with his big personality. I think that says a LOT about you and Karl and your parenting skills.
FYI - Josh was famous for slamming doors when he thought things weren't fair, only he slammed his over and over and over, like 50 times while Jim and Lynne tried to ignore him.
Love ya!
Post a Comment