Carson is too funny lately. He does so many funny things that I feel like I can't possibly blog them all. He keeps our lives very entertained. It really would be a new story every day.
He's learned that it is fun to make people laugh. His techniques aren't quite refined yet, but the old standby of a dinosaur growl will usually make a 3 year old girl laugh. After he has gotten the response he wants, he'll usually turn to me and says "Mom, I'm funny." On Sunday I responded with a sarcastic "Yes, you're hilarious." He told me "I'm not larious mom, I'm funny."
He's very into pretending he is a dinosaur or a dragon. Half the time we play it starts with him saying "You be the dinosaur Mommy and I'll be the dragon." The other day I was getting ready in the morning. Carson was being a dinosaur. He came up to me and said "Turn around, Mommy, I'm gonna bite your bum." What the what?
Lately Karl and I have been playing this game to get Carson to eat his dinner. It involves us pretending a bunny is going to come eat his food so he better eat it fast. The other is me pretending my food is for the bunny and then getting "really upset" when Carson eats the food that was for the bunny. The "bunny" games have been working pretty well. The other morning we were playing this game with him. Karl said something like "Oh, the bunny just took a bite and then ran that way." Carson said "I'm gonna go get him." He then ran in the direction Karl had pointed and made a few chomping sounds. He then came back to the table and simply said "The Bunny's Dead." Talk about a back fire.
The other night he was upset he had to go to bed. He stomped up the stairs as he yelled "No fair!" I thought I had ten more years until I heard this. He must have seen someone do it. He's tried out the "no fair" comment a few more times. Luckily, it's starting to die down.
I was singing Staying Alive the other day. After I finished Carson created his own "mash-up" (Glee anyone?). He sang "Staying alive staying alive...Elmo's world."
His favorite new game is hide and seek. He doesn't quite get it yet, but he knows it involves hiding, finding, counting, and shouting "Remy or Not, Here I Come!" He usually combines those factors in any order when he requests hide and seek.
1 comment:
Carson does sound funny just like his Mommy! I love the mash-up by the way...and I love Glee too:) I was talking to Julia the other day and we were wondering if we could still make this summer work?! What do you think? Actually the real question is what do I think I can talk Adam into?
Post a Comment