Monday, March 1, 2010

My Busy Season Outlet

While I have been working crazy hours, I've also found the increased need to find something to help me relax. How do I have time for an outlet you ask? I don't...sleep is suffering. But, if it keeps me a little bit less crazy, it's worth it. I love finding excuses to make projects. I don't know why I never make things for myself, but I think "oh, that person is having a baby" or "oh, that person is getting married", "now I have an excuse for a project."


Enter project - So this was my first non-rag quilt. It was also the first where I picked out all the fabric by myself. It was also the first time I ever bound a quilt (not needed on rag quilts). So let me tell you that I hate binding by hand and found that some people do it by machine. Of course, I didn't discover this till half way through my hand binding. Anyway - lesson learned for next time. But I think the quilt turned out really cute. I did a pretty easy pattern because I didn't want to overwhelm myself. I love the stripe on the back that ties it all together. I got the pattern from moda bake shop (I love this website!). It gives me way too many project ideas.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks amazing! I really love the colors