Saturday, May 8, 2010

A Hodge Podge Post

I feel like I'm in the fight of my life for some free time right now. Here I am though - finally having enough free time to finish the other higher priority items and then blog. And yes, blogging is not my highest priority...I know you're sad.

Where to begin. Chronologically of course. EASTER! Carson had a wonderful Easter. He got some new church books and way too much candy for a 2 year old. His Great Grandma (GG MA as we all like to call her) gave him these bunny ears. He not only loved them (much to my surprise) but wanted to wear them all the time.

In April, we all headed up to Sedona for my sister's wedding. The boys (Carson and his cousin that is a month older) ran the rings up when it came time. I was very impressed at Carson's execution. I thought for sure he would refuse to give up the ring or just decide to stay up there with the bride and groom. But he ran right up, handed off the ring, and then came back and sat down. Success! The wedding was beautiful, as was Sedona. The boys were adorable in their matching outfits. I love the model pose below.
From there, we headed to Utah to celebrate my other sister's graduation from BYU. While we were up there I also threw her a bridal shower because she is getting married next month. Here is a pic of our beautiful feast. Jackie (another sister) did amazing on the mini cupcakes (I lost count on how many I ate) and no party is complete without spice comantors (new readers - that's chex mix).
While in Utah, we did get to do some liesure activities too. Karl, Carson and I hiked the Y (it was just as hard as I remembered........that's what she....never mind). With Karl carrying Carson in a backpack, we were pretty even hikers. I went to a few dance classes with my sisters. We also did a lot of late night talking. Then it was time to drive home. I was a grouch the whole way...leaving family, the thought of a 10 - 11 hour drive, coming back "home" to Arizona, etc, etc. Luckily, I had a book and Karl was willing to do most of the driving.
I can't believe I summed up all that. I could have told the long version...but you're welcome.

1 comment:

JLJ said...

I'm so glad I scrolled down to read this post or I would not be laughing right now at your dirty Office-induced humor.

oh, and I guess it's good Karl is doing well.