Anyway, back to stomach surprise. And...OH...I just realized how a reader could interpret that to mean something about me. Wrong...it was the stomach surprise for Karl. Meaning, what's wrong with his stomach. Now that we have cleared that up...
On Sunday Karl started to complain about intestinal pain. Now remember, Sunday was Mother's Day. So when Karl started complaining in the morning, I thought "Hey, it's Mother's Day. Let's not try to change the focus." I know, what caring and loving thoughts. But by Sunday night, he was still complaining and then I didn't mind shifting the focus a little.
So this went on for a few more days. Wednesday, I forced him to go into the doctor's. They made him get a cat scan and then we were waiting for the results. I went out to WebMD and looked up the symptoms of appendicitis. The only one he had was pain. But by Thursday night, he had half of the symptoms, so I diagnosed him with appendicitis. My vast studying of the problem made me qualified.
Friday morning, the doctor told Karl it was appendicitis (Thank you very much) and scheduled an immediate removal surgery. So then I spent the day running around crazy and trying to be in twelve places at once. Thanks to some very helpful people, we made it through. Karl's appendix removal went as great as it can and he was home hours later.
We have spent the weekend basically quarantined in our house. The doctor told me not to leave him alone for at least 24 hours. That means that Carson has had some major cabin fever, which actually happens to be contagious. I caught a major case as well. Carson and I have found a temporary solution though. Mass amounts of time spent in our two foot backyard. I think I've watered the plants more in the last two days than the whole time we've lived in this house.
Karl's doing great on his recovery. He thought his belly button wound was pretty cool. I made the mistake of letting him show it to me (gag). He actually wanted to go to work tomorrow...which I vetoed. It wasn't too hard to convince him since now he'll get to spend a day playing XBox and eating ice cream.
So that has been our weekend. And "Stomach surprise, stomach surprise". Warning: if you click play, the jingle could be stuck in your head for the next 15 years.
No comments:
Post a Comment