Sunday, November 7, 2010

Dun Da Dun Dun

Encore you say? After over a month of the nagging and pleading of my blog followers, I have decided to once again compose. The title of my blog should be sung triumphantly - much like the tune when you finally reach the end of a level on Super Mario Bros (vintage original) and then six fireworks go off because you masterfully landed on the flag pole at a six second mark. That is the same tune (+fireworks) that goes off in my head when I finally blog after being MIA for a month and a half.

So here are some of our happenings in the last month and a half...excluding Halloween as that will be a post all on its own.

Carson got his first shiner. It was an accidental head bonking with another boy. Carson had a lovely bruise.


Carson discovered that underwear fit great on a head. I think every kid puts their underwear on their head at some point...right? Right? Please tell me that I as a kid and now my son are not the only weirdos in the world.

Yesterday, Carson was in rare form. See below.

Story #1: The coloring page he brought home from Nursery was "I Will Take Care of My Body." He and I were reviewing the pictures of what we can do to take care of our bodies. One of the pictures was a boy sleeping but Carson said he was resting. Later, it was his "Quiet Time". To bring the Nursery lesson full circle, I told him he needed a little rest and that it would be taking care of his body. He responded "I'm not taking care of my body. I'm gonna break my body." What? Oh his little rebellions make me laugh.

Story #2: He was riding his bike around and kept telling us he was riding to McDonalds and then he would ride for a little bit and then get off and pretend he was at McDonalds. (I swear we don't eat fast food very much, but something about those Golden Arches calls to Carson...this kid would eat french fries all day every day if he could). Anyway, then he told us he was going to ride his bike to Disneyland. He asked me to come with him, but I was sitting comfortably on a chair on the lawn, enjoying the beautiful weather we are now having, so I didn't really respond and I thought he might just go on playing. Carson asked again. Then he said "Mom, I've asked you twice. I don't want to have to ask you again." Oh, he makes me laugh. So I got up and he rode his bike to Disneyland and I walked. Yes...I am amazing and can walk to Disneyland. Somewhere along the way he got distracted though and it just turned into a race.

Story #3: I asked Carson to clean up his toys. He started to clean and automatically started singing the "Clean Up" song. A few bars in, he stopped and looked up at me. Then he said "I hate that song. I sing it all the days and now I hate it." That song used to really work to get him to help clean up...looks like he's reached the point where the song just annoys him.

Here is a video of Carson singing the ABC's. I am so glad I caught this on tape because he has already figured out that there isn't two K's in the alphabet. He still says B's for his V's, so at least there are still two B's in his alphabet.


We headed up to Flagstaff a few weeks ago to take some family pictures. I just love having family pictures. Growing up, my mom made our family do it every once in a while and it was this horrible event. I can remember complaining and grumbling all the way to Olan Mills. They made me stand on a ladder and pretend that I loved my sisters (just kidding - I did love my sisters, but maybe I wasn't in the mood that day). But now that I'm an adult, I'm the one forcing the family pictures down their throats. Luckily, Carson is only three so I don't have too much opposition yet. We'll see how it goes when he is 15. Back on track - we went and found these beautiful aspen trees and all the leaves were yellow and orange. It was gorgeous. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the pics (see slide show top left).

1 comment:

JLJ said...

Olan Mills!! Ha! I have many family photos with Olan Mills gold embossed logo in the corner. I love that Carson hates the clean up song. I hate it too.