Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Pet Names

No - we are not getting a pet. Not over Karl's dead body. Anyway, when Carson is in a sweet mood, he'll call me by pet names. He usually chooses the ones I call him. Tonight he asked me if he could eat my last strawberry. When I said "sure", he responded "Thank you darling sweetheart." It melts my heart. Even if he is just copying me...I'll take it.

This is in stark difference to his newly learned "bad word". He recently took up the word "Stupid". After using the word to describe none other than yours truly, he and I had a little chat. I haven't heard him use it since. I even heard him start to say it once and then stop and choose a different word. But now he has become a little obsessed about if words are "bad". He and I were driving in the car tonight and he told me he had said a bad word during the day. When I asked him what he had said, he responded "Oh my gosh" and then "that's a bad word". I simply said that if he felt it was bad then he shouldn't say it again. Really...I was just thinking it was kind of cute to hear my 3 year old say "oh my gosh". I called him fancy pants the other night. He informed me that it was a bad word. I'm sure he'll get this down eventually.

Now I'm off to watch Deathly Hallows (in the morning) and prep for Thanksgiving. Here it comes! It's always gone too fast.

2 comments:

JLJ said...

We are currently having other problems. Problems with potty language. Literally. Thanks to an older brother and sister, all things bathroom have become hilarious. Ugh!

Lyndi&Andy said...

Ok so I just have to say I love your blogging! You tell stories so cute and well your kid is adorable and hilarious, but you really write well. Your simple daily life stories of a mother make me laugh. YOu have a knack of a talent. Thanks for sharing I like to check in on you guys and see what's up with my cuz. Hope all is well.