Monday, December 6, 2010

Quick Thought

I know I need to do a full blown blog...but sometimes I have a quick thought and I don't want to ever forget it.

We've been decorating for Christmas: lights...check, advent calendar...check, Christmas tree...close enough (it's the three foot fake Karl and I bought in college) check. Carson has been loving it. He's picking up on all the songs. I caught him shaking his hips to Mariah Carey "All I Want for Christmas" in his room the other day. We drove past a nativity in some one's yard and Carson shouted "Look, it's baby Jesus...asleep on the hay."

My absolute favorite this past week is Carson's impression of Santa Clause. Apparently Santa has been spending a little too much time at sea and not at the North Pole because he now says "Yo Ho Ho." (but still with a Santa voice).

When I hear Carson say "Yo Ho Ho" in his best Santa voice...I can't bring myself to tell him it's "Ho Ho Ho." He'll probably figure it out by next Christmas...and then the Santa pirate will be gone forever. Anyway - that's why I have to blog sometimes...I want to remember him saying it forever and I know it will be gone too soon.

4 comments:

adam and erica said...

Love it! It's all true, what everyone says about them growing up too fast. I'm glad you'll remember your pirate:)

JLJ said...

I need your new address. You know you're dying to receive our families photo-less Christmas greeting :)

I could have just emailed you. But this way the pressure is on.

mandy said...

carson is such a uniquely fun charismatic kid- 'yo ho ho' and shaking his rump is too classic!

Kasey said...

I am not tech savvy enough to figure out how to reply to your comment JLJ - I guess I'll just email you anyway.