For those of you that love Liz Lemon as much as I do...you'll know just what I mean when I say blurg. I still haven't blogged about Thanksgiving...which means I probably never will.
First - one of my favorite new Carson sayings. Every time I ask if he wants a "piece of toast", he gets all frustrated with me and says "No, mom, I want a whole toast." It always takes me a minute to figure out what I said wrong because a "piece of toast" rolls of the tongue without thinking. It never gets old though...still makes me laugh.
Carson and I made a trip to CA in December for my Grandma's 90th birthday. While there, we got to enjoy the jelly belly factory, San Francisco, and see extended family. My grandma looks amazing for 90. I can't believe it. We got to spend a lot of time at my Aunt and Uncles house...this is not a sacrifice. They literally have their own vineyard and orchard out front. The kids all took rides on the tractor.
Carson at the Jelly Belly Factory

The view from my Aunt & Uncles house


And my Grandma

I love this picture of Carson running across a bridge in San Francisco.


So we headed to Disneyland for Christmas this year. Karl's whole family went. Unfortunately, Carson got sick right before we left and was sick the whole time we were there. Karl and I tried to take it easy and just spend a little bit of time at the park each day, but Carson was just wiped. Every time we went to the park, Carson spent the whole time asking if we could go back to the hotel. Every ride he went on was forced. He would have fun once on them, but he just didn't want to do it. We'd finish a ride and he would say "That was fun." I would say "Let's go do another one." He would say "No, let's go back to the hotel." It was also super crowded - which you know that I don't love from my 4th of July post. It just is a personality thing - I get insta-grumpy. Hopefully we can take Carson back another time when he can enjoy it more. That said, it was fun to be with the whole family out on a vacation. And it was Christmas...so 'nough said.


I started signing up for bountiful baskets. You sign up for your location and pay $15. Then you show up early Saturday morning and pick up a basket of fresh fruits and veggies. You never know what you're going to get though. So with this, I have gotten very adventurous with my fruits and veggies. The first basket I picked up had several items in it that I didn't even know the names of. I like it though. And it does some seasonal bulks for extra too. For example, right now you can get a 36 lb box of apples, all the veggies you need for bulk guacamole, etc.
I had to look this one up (you are all probably rolling your eyes and saying "Oh, Kasey, you don't know what a persimmon is?").

Shredded brussel sprouts with bacon and pine nuts

Acorn squash. Baked with butter, cinnamon, nutmeg...yum.

And while I've been doing more...I can't make this a crazy long blog or else I'll just keep putting it off.
1 comment:
I love Bountiful Baskets! Your squash looks yummy.
Sorry about Disneyland. That is sad that Carson was too sick to really enjoy Disneyland the way a three year old should.
Post a Comment