One more sweet thought - the other day it was time for his "quiet time". Sometimes he doesn't mind, sometimes he throws a fit about it. He started to object to quiet time - then he stopped and sweetly looked up at me and asked "Do you want to have quiet time with me Mommy?" I just smiled as I tried to come up with a reason as to why that wouldn't work. He sweetly rubbed my leg, looked up at me with his big blue, hopeful eyes, and said "Do ya?" I came up with something about how quiet time is a time to be alone and blah blah - but it was pretty hard to not crumble when faced with his sweetness powers.
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Big Boy Bed
So Karl and I finally got around to switching Carson from a toddler bed to a regular twin. It's quite an expensive endeavor so we were dragging our feet. Luckily, we had a bed frame lying around, but we did not have a twin mattress, box, sheets, quilt, etc. So, after spending a couple hundred (yeah!) Carson got his "Big Boy Bed." He was very excited while we were setting it up. As I was putting him to bed that night, he got this excited look on his face and said "Now you can sleep with me Mommy!" When I told him I would probably still sleep in my own bed, he just looked confused. Pointing to the bed he said "But there's room." Oh so sweet. Carson also has a habit of coming into our bed in the early morning (around 5 or 6). He'll crawl under the sheets in the middle and fall back asleep. We usually just let it slide because we are all going to get up half an hour later. But as I was putting him to bed in his new big boy bed, he asked "Does this mean I can't come into your bed anymore?" I quickly replied yes, hoping that it would magically put an end to his morning visits. He thought for a minute and then said "I want my little bed back." He makes me smile. To be honest, I kind of like his morning visits. I get 20 minutes of cuddle time before I have to get up and face the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment