There is a vicious circle regarding bedtime. The later he stays up, the more tired he gets, the more drama bedtime becomes. Last night was one of these nights. I admit that as a working mom, sometimes I let Carson stay up a "little" later than normal just so I can spend some time with him. His normal bedtime is 7:30...and when I tried to get him to go to bed last night, it was 8:30. Anyway, it resulted in a total meltdown. I was trying to talk to him about going to bed and he would just yell "NO!" after everything I said. I couldn't resist...I began just saying random words and he still followed each thing I said with a "NO!". Karl joined in a little too. It went something like this...
Me: We need to get your jammies on. It is really late. (There were several things I said like this that were followed with a...see below).
Carson: NO!
Me: I love you (I was trying to switch it up to see if he'd still yell no).
Carson: NO!
Karl: Penguins.
Carson: NO! I'm not a penguin!
Me: Peanut Butter sandwich.
Carson: NO!
Karl: Shellfish.
Carson: NO!
At this point I was laughing so hard I had to leave the room. Kids can be so determined.
No comments:
Post a Comment