We took a horse drawn hay ride out to the "pumpkin patch." Apparently that term is used very loosely these days as it wasn't so much an actual patch but an area where the huge truck drops off the pumpkins each morning. But it was cute and Carson still loved it. He was actually most entertained by the horse poop we saw along the road while on the hay ride. See his hay ride joy below.
Carson picked out a little pumpkin and then we went to the petting zoo. Carson heard one of the workers tell another worker that they needed some hay for the rabbits. Before I know it, Carson had taken off. I couldn't figure out what he was doing till I saw him coming back with a big bucket of hay. I guess he remembered he saw one by the goats. He walked in and handed it to the worker. She looked surprised and told him thank you. He was so excited to help.
Then we wandered around and roped some cattle. And by 10 am it was hot and crowded so we got out of there. It was fun. And worth the price since we had the 2 for 1 coupon.
Halloween was marred by the fact that Karl and I were both sick. For Carson's sake, we pulled ourselves together long enough to hit the ward's Trunk or Treat (and don't worry, we tried to be very antisocial as to not spread the bug around). Carson's Halloween costume ideas changed everyday (Super hero, ghost, skeleton, Luigi, fireman, etc.). I had grand plans of making him a skeleton costume - painting the bones on black clothes with glow in the dark paint...but life got away from me and the homemade skeleton just didn't happen. Luckily, we had a friend with a box full of Halloween costumes. So Carson picked out a cute little tiger costume. Now, yes, this went against my feelings of always making your costume (see post from Halloween last year)...but sometimes I just have to let go and know when I'm trying to do too much. Carson had fun at the Trunk or Treat and I loved hearing his sweet little voice say "Trick or Treat" 100 times. Carson and this little fairy became cake walk besties. It was cute.
On the actual Halloween, we headed over to a family party. There were lots of fun mature activities like digging for eyeballs in spaghetti noodles, eating donuts off strings, and bobbing for apples. After I ate my donuts off the string and stood up with my arms raised high in victory, Carson ran up to me and exclaimed "MOM...you did it, I'm so proud of you." Isn't he the sweetest? I love the donut action shot below.
No comments:
Post a Comment