Friday, October 7, 2011

My First Before and After

So I went garage sale-ing the other weekend.  I was looking for a dresser, but then I saw one of those old metal milk cans.  It was yellow with a couple of geese on it (one of my favorite decor themes).  She asked for $5...we settled on $3.  See the before - I forgot to take a picture until after I had already applied one coat of primer.  So imagine it brighter yellow and the geese much more vivid.


I spray painted it white.  I then used my Cricut to cut out a black vinyl W.  First time cutting vinyl and it went perfect first try.  Which is unusual for me when I'm doing crafts.  It was super easy.  Then I ran to Hobby Lobby to buy some fall flowers.  I know nothing about flower arrangements so I asked for some help.  I think it looks a little scarce but they were expensive and I didn't want to spend more than I already was.  So - what do you think?

2 comments:

Allison said...

So pretty! I think the flowers look good too. I wish I could come up with an idea like that- i guess I need more garage sale inspiration practice. Your little skeletons are so cute btw.

mandy said...

gorgeous!