Sunday, July 8, 2012

Carson is 5!

Carson turned 5 a few weeks ago.  See Birthday Breakfast below (he was still waking up).


He actually found the concept of his birthday a little confusing, how can he be four one minute and five the next, but he got over that quickly.  We had two parties (one for friends and one for family), he absolutely loved this.  We had a Lego birthday party with six other little boys.  They had a blast.  I definitely overestimated the attention span of 5 year old boys though.  I had planned several Lego themed games, but after a few seconds into each one, half of the boys would wander off to play and the other half would be engaged in their own conversations.  I gave up and let them just play.  They all seemed disappointed to leave which I think is a good sign that it was a fun party.

See the Birthday Cuties - I loved all the boys, they were all saying the funniest things

I will do a party post later as I am somewhat proud of a few of the things I did.

Here is a pic of Carson's GGma (great grandma).  They share their birthday.  She turned 88.  He has the sweetest relationship with her and is always excited to see "GG"


Facts about our 5 year old:
Loves Avengers (the cartoon series on Netflix), Batman, Spiderman
Can be a very loving, sweet older brother.  Chloe laughs for him a lot more than she does for Karl and I
Still adds an "M" before the word "use".  As in "Hey, I was musing that."
Is fond of salad and lettuce.  I caught him sneaking spinach out of a salad bag several times today
Enjoys Legos and Star Wars
Enjoys seek n' finds and mazes
Loves games - we play one every night.  I am very happy his repertoire has expanded past Candyland
Consistently beats me at the game "Match" (sometimes called concentration).  He beats me for real.
Is still generous with his I Love You's, but is starting to not want to hold my hand in public
Always asks me to cuddle with him or scratch his back at night. It is usually to hard to resist and we lay and tell silly stories in his little twin bed.

Behold his awesome new Lego set

I can't believe he's growing up.  I swear he's gained 30 lbs in the last few weeks.  Carrying him anywhere is quite the task.  At his 5 year check up he was 45 lbs and 45 inches tall.  The only weird thing was that he had a little heart murmur.  The doctor said it was nothing to worry about at all and that it is really common.  I guess he'll grow out of it.  Was a little weird, but after referring to my extensive medical knowledge (google, webmd, etc) it seems most children have one at sometime.

1 comment:

mandy said...

He actually looks like he has slimmed down quite a bit... Getting more mature looking! Can't wait to see you fab work for the Lego party. I'm sure it was practically art!